BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Hello all

I need your advice for rustproofing. I recently took delivery of my car and was wondering if any of you had it rustproofed. I am not sure this is necessary however I intend to drive it in the winter which means exposure to the salt and hash elements.

Any of you done rustproofing to your stang? is it necessary? what are the risks?

My dealer doesnt do it, do you guys recommend any place? like canadian tire?

I am just scared like crazy i dont want my car to be ruined by winter but also i dont want it to be ruined by rustproofing
Sponsored

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
I have mine scheduled to be done on the 26th at a place called KROWN and I am taking delivery on Tuesday next week.

We have a 2005 F-350 that we have sprayed since day one, and it has ZERO rust on it 11 years later. I highly doubt it would be that way without the rustproofing.

It's always best to be done before it hits any dirty or mud, when its brand new.

Not expensive insurance to have.

OP
OP
BoostedCanadianPoney

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
I have mine scheduled to be done on the 26th at a place called KROWN and I am taking delivery on Tuesday next week.

We have a 2005 F-350 that we have sprayed since day one, and it has ZERO rust on it 11 years later. I highly doubt it would be that way without the rustproofing.

It's always best to be done before it hits any dirty or mud, when its brand new.

Not expensive insurance to have.

will they drill into your car?? and for your F-350 you only did one treatment? was that the lifetime thing ? or just the regular spray

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
Krown is the only way to go.

Drilling is not absolutely mandatory, but recommended on the rocker panels. The drill holes are a non issue. Maybe 2 per side and are fitted with plugs.

NEVER, NEVER consider Crappy Tire.

EDIT: no such thing as "lifetime". Do it every other year.

OP
OP
BoostedCanadianPoney

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Krown is the only way to go.

Drilling is not absolutely mandatory, but recommended on the rocker panels. The drill holes are a non issue. Maybe 2 per side and are fitted with plugs.

NEVER, NEVER consider Crappy Tire.

EDIT: no such thing as "lifetime". Do it every other year.
thanks for the input.. I keep hearing conflicting things about it.. such as it already come pre-greased from the factory and you only need to do it if you plan on keeping it for more than 5 years.. but concidering our shitty roads and the amount of salt and dirt i will call krown and ask if they can apply their product without holes

Sponsored

whoishomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It is pretty crazy what the winter does to a car. I drove my last mustang one winter and the entire underbody looked rusted! This time mine's not going to see any winter driving.

OP
OP
BoostedCanadianPoney

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
It is pretty crazy what the winter does to a car. I drove my last mustang one winter and the entire underbody looked rusted! This time mine's not going to see any winter driving.
I know what you mean. And I have seen many s550 with rust on them a year after ownership... I have no choice but to take it out when its winter so I will do rust proofing. Just need to do more research about the whole drilling thing. Not sure I want them to drill my brand new car

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I had mine Krown'ed within a month of taking delivery of mine. Before I put it away for the winter, I cleaned the under-body and bought a can of Krown to go over some key areas.

I've used Krown before yearly on my 2003 Honda and there's not a lick of rust on any exterior panels. A quick kijiji search for me yielded other vehicles with rust on them. In my opinion, Krown is a success story here.

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
will they drill into your car?? and for your F-350 you only did one treatment? was that the lifetime thing ? or just the regular spray
We did have them drill, there is no rust around any holes, and not a one time thing, we spray it before every winter.

I am picking up my stang on Tuesday, I will have it done shortly, however, without drilling.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
My last 6 ( I think ) vehicles have been "rust checked" as as soon as I received them. 2 of which the dealership got it done for me before delivery. This process is the same as Krown. I live in Newfoundland and as far as I am concerned, if it works in Newfoundland, it will work anywhere. It's done once a year and carries a lifetime warranty. Holes are drilled so the spray nozzles can be inserted and then there are black plastic covers put on/in the holes. If you didn't tell anyone your vehicle was drilled, no one would ever know.

My new Stang will NEVER see winter (maybe not even rain LOL) and I am still thinking about getting it done. :)

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
You could also look into "MING". They've been doing it for a long time and also have a lifetime warranty program. My family and I have used them multiple times and they have been nothing but good. They require you go back every 3 years, IIRC, for a free check up to keep the warranty intact.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
You could also look into "MING". They've been doing it for a long time and also have a lifetime warranty program. My family and I have used them multiple times and they have been nothing but good. They require you go back every 3 years, IIRC, for a free check up to keep the warranty intact.
Is that the electronic box you mount inside your car and works by applying the opposite charge to your chassis, thus neutralizing the effects of corrosion?

I googled 'MING' and all I got was dynasties and basketball players...:lol:

Marauderman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Have my 2004 Mercury Marauder Krown'd every year since new. 2015 Mustang GT convertible I had Krown just spray the under carriage and wheel wells, no holes, as it will not see snow or salt.
574485_10151343308340996_1185682125_n.jpg
178401_10151292111340996_1935782891_o.jpg

whoishomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is that the electronic box you mount inside your car and works by applying the opposite charge to your chassis, thus neutralizing the effects of corrosion?

I googled 'MING' and all I got was dynasties and basketball players...:lol:
Maybe referring to this?
http://www.mingshine.com/

My gf had her car 'minged'. Seems like a waste of money to me but some people swear by it.
Sponsored