Sponsored

Canadian Sourcing for Performance Parts

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Hey all, was just wondering where my fellow Canadians were sourcing their performance parts from. Looking to grab an intake and some other parts locally. The USA to CAD conversion is kicking my ass.

Suggestion would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
Steeda.ca. Online orders and service location is in Milton
DaSilva Racing. Specializes in Mustang. Location in Pickering

Even with Exchange the couple orders from American Muscle has worked out the same or a little cheaper because their shipping is the landed price (no tax or duty). I did the math with DaSilva and AM was a little less.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Problem is, even if you find someone local (or in Canada), they are likely still buying from the US. Can't win right now with the exchange rate.

OP
OP

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
interesting, i priced out some stuff from AM and that shipping was pretty hefty. I also just assumed that tax/duty would be added once it gets delivered to my door.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
The shipping price you get at AM is all in - including taxes, brokerage, and duties.

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
when the exchange rate was better, it was cheaper to buy direct from steeda.com... but that may be different now. be sure to take advantage of site sponsor discounts because every little bit helps.

A Polite Canadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT 6MT
Silly question for newer guy to modding. FRPP can, or can NOT be bought/ordered directly at a Ford dealership? Thanks

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Silly question for newer guy to modding. FRPP can, or can NOT be bought/ordered directly at a Ford dealership? Thanks
I don't know if a dealership needs to be authorized but I get quotes from my dealership and will most likely by the Ford Racing strut tower brace kit from them.

A Polite Canadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT 6MT

Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
What I do since I live about an hour from Niagara Falls is order stuff from US suppliers, take advantage of free shipping and have the pkg shipped to CBI USA about 10 mins from the border on the US side. Last time I did it they charged $4 per pkg--then on your way home its up to you if you want to declare the goods--if you do you just pay tax, most of the time they are too busy to bother pulling you over even if you tell them what you got. We make a day of it shopping and eating.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
when i first started, i went to a non-svt dealership to ask about FRPP parts and they said they would have to get the parts from an authorized SVT dealer, and i would have to provide them with the part numbers (from internet).

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
What I do since I live about an hour from Niagara Falls is order stuff from US suppliers, take advantage of free shipping and have the pkg shipped to CBI USA about 10 mins from the border on the US side. Last time I did it they charged $4 per pkg--then on your way home its up to you if you want to declare the goods--if you do you just pay tax, most of the time they are too busy to bother pulling you over even if you tell them what you got. We make a day of it shopping and eating.
Thanks for this advise, might actually do this.
intredasting.jpg

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
There is a Ford Performance Wholesaler in Aylmer Ont--RCO Enterprises. Mohawk Ford here in Hamilton told me they order FPRP from them. Eastgate Ford here is a Roush car and parts dealer.
Sponsored