Sponsored

Camshaft reinstall

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hello- I’m doing lash adjusters/roller followers and reinstalling LH cams, but only now I see in the workshop manual that if both sides are being done, you have to start with RH side…any reason why? Or can I still do RH now after LH being done?

Thanks

IMG_4309.jpeg
Sponsored

Ven0mous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sherman
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I believe the manual is written in a way that assumes you are removing the timing chains at the crank as well, obviously one has to come off before the other. If you’re not removing the timing chains then it should not matter…IMO.

OP
OP
Deca

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I believe the manual is written in a way that assumes you are removing the timing chains at the crank as well, obviously one has to come off before the other. If you’re not removing the timing chains then it should not matter…IMO.
Makes sense- I removed all timing parts, chains, phasers and put LH and RH properly in neutral, so see no reason that I cannot just go ahead and remove RH cams after LH- unless I’m missing something..so kinda reluctant..

OP
OP
Deca

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Anyone with some first hand experience that can take my doubts away? Much appreciated!
Sponsored