Sponsored

Camaro just looks...pedestrian.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
There was a time when I seriously considered putting a 5th Gen Camaro into my garage along side my GT500. Thank goodness I didn't, as now when I see them, they just don't do anything for me any more.

I must see a dozen or so going both directions during my daily commute and the base and SS models look so much alike it's hard to tell what it is until you get up close to it. Even the ZL1 I see periodically fails to make me want to do a double-take.

Now that we've seen the 6th Gen Mustang, the Camaro seems very dated despite the fact that it's only 5 model-years old and having just gone through a refresh. Is it just me?
Sponsored

DIB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger
I think this goes for any car thats been out awhile and seen for some time. Look how ground breaking the S197 was and how boring it looks these days. We are used to new and updated things so quick these days that we get bored and tired very quick these days. This is why they refresh cars so quickly these days.

Melino

Pedestrian or dated? two different things to me. It does look dated but as DIB5.0 says it's been out for years without a huge change. The Mustang also has that prob IMO but that just got fixed.

I wouldn't call it pedestrian tho. It just looks to me like it belongs more in a comic book than real life.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Camaros look really dated to me except the 1le package with the big wheels and splitters.

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I still like all the big 3's muscle cars, Camaro, Mustang and Challenger. I think they all look damn good, but I'd put the Camaro in 3rd place based just on looks. I love the side profile view of the Camaro but they just never really got that front end to my liking but I love the long hood and short rear deck of a 2 door muscle car. Of course I would pick the Mustang over the other 2 any day.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I like the 1LE Camaro. Doesn't look pedestrian to me
Sponsored