Sponsored

C&D's 2017 10Best Cars - Shelby GT350/350R and Corvette Grand Sport

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
That's like saying converse Chuck Taylor low top canvas shoes are basket ball shoes just because they say chuck Taylor's on them.
They were in my era. :shrug:
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
May fav back then was Dr. J.... obviously he wore them. The cotton ones too... although the hi-tops.

slide_340918_3511171_free.jpg

And so did the real Bird man. Leather Chucks. Laimbeer too! :cool:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
May fav back then was Dr. J.... obviously he wore them. The cotton ones too. And so did the real Bird man. Leather Chucks. Laimbeer too! :cool:
I don't think Bird's or Laimbeer's are considered Chucks. Converse obviously.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I don't think Bird's or Laimbeer's are considered Chucks. Converse obviously.
Yeah true.... a lot more padding & support.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Traded in a '15 Z51 on the GS. Mostly for pure aesthetics honestly. The GS looks night and day better than the Stingray Z51 IMO plus the Z51 was a Yellow convertible attention grabber hence why I went with Black for both the GS and GT350. They're a lot more low key and honestly only the Corvette and Mustang people know the difference :ninja: I like the look of the Z07 but honestly have no use for the supercharger or any of the other features like carbon ceramic brakes etc... The GS is a perfect blend of Z07 styling and Z51 performance for me.
Should have got the C7Z. :headbonk:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Should have got the C7Z. :headbonk:
Nah. The GS is the one to get. Most of the publications out there agree.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
heat soak, extra weight, and nearly unusable amounts of power on the track. I agree, the GS is the one corvette to buy. My wife really likes the C7, so who knows I may end up with a garage mate for the GT350

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
Hopefully Ford will stop being lazy soon and give us a proper sports car that'll compete with the Corvette.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully Ford will stop being lazy soon and give us a proper sports car that'll compete with the Corvette.
Yes and they should call it a Cobra.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
heat soak, extra weight, and nearly unusable amounts of power on the track. I agree, the GS is the one corvette to buy. My wife really likes the C7, so who knows I may end up with a garage mate for the GT350
:thumbsup: exactly...

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
They did, and it does. Ford GT.
Umm, not really lol you're talking a half million dollar car to compete with a $70K car? I would sure fucking hope it beat it LOL

The GT is a no excuses, function > form supercar. What Ford needs is a 70-100K true sports car to fill in the gap and compete with the Vette. With the viper gone, the Vette now occupies this segment of the market alone in terms of american sports cars. If someone isn't interested in a Cayman/Boxster or an F-Type, what have you, but rather prefer something American, the Corvette is now the default choice. Like others have said, the typical demographic who buys sports cars in this price range are in the 50+ category. Most of those people want more refinement/more luxury/most likely an automatic transmission for that price range, and for most people the Mustang/GT350 doesn't fit the bill.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ford has never offered a such a car and the fact that the viper is out of production (ie a very small market) does not bode well for ford starting a new sports car. That is the best part of the GT350, vette or near vette performance with all of the usefulness of a 4 seater (useful to some I guess)

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
They were in my era. :shrug:
Correct as they were in my era also. But the original Chuck Taylor's were hi tops. Not low ones. That's my point :)

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Ford has never offered a such a car and the fact that the viper is out of production (ie a very small market) does not bode well for ford starting a new sports car. That is the best part of the GT350, vette or near vette performance with all of the usefulness of a 4 seater (useful to some I guess)
You say ford never offered such a car??
Really??

The cobra.
The Daytona coupe.
I would even say the sunbeam tiger since its ford powered.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
But yet look at the demand for the GT350, I honestly don't think for a second that the majority of 350 buyers bought it primarily because it has a back seat useful for small kids. If they offered the Voodoo in a true 2 seater, lower, lighter, more purposeful car I think they would sell easily. I don't think the Vette market is that small, they sell/produce 30-35K per year, same number of 911's are sold every year, and when you add in the Boxster/Cayman, F-Type, etc. you have a significant number of sports cars that are sold. In comparison, they only sold ~5500 GT350's per year so far, so in that regard the Vette is in far higher demand since they sell ~6-7 times as many every year.

I think Ford would do quite well with a vehicle in that market segment, and not let the Vette stand alone as the supposedly single "american sports car" on offer today.
Sponsored