redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red
2019 GT, 6 speed manual. Ever since we drove it off the lot, there has been a high frequency vibration or buzz at highway speeds. You can feel it in the steering wheel if you touch it lightly, and the rear view mirror is out of focus. I was hoping it was a factory wheel or tire, but have replaced with aftermarket and it is still there. Now, I kinda suspect the driveshaft maybe? Anyone had this issue? Ideas?
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
2019 GT, 6 speed manual. Ever since we drove it off the lot, there has been a high frequency vibration or buzz at highway speeds. You can feel it in the steering wheel if you touch it lightly, and the rear view mirror is out of focus. I was hoping it was a factory wheel or tire, but have replaced with aftermarket and it is still there. Now, I kinda suspect the driveshaft maybe? Anyone had this issue? Ideas?
My 2018 GT with approximately 1300 miles started doing this as well. I got the tires balanced and rotated a couple of times and the issues still persist. The steering wheel has a slight vibration and shimmy's back and forth ever so slightly and the rear view mirror gets out of focus. This starts around 50-55 mph and the intensity of it changes between 70-90 mph. I am afraid it might be driveshaft but haven't taken it in yet (26,000 miles on the car now).

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can't really tell how severe your case of the shakes is, but I think some mild vibration is pretty much a "feature" of the S550 design. My '18 also has kind of a tingling or buzzing sensation in the steering wheel (but it doesn't shimmy or move back/forth). And on some road surfaces my rear view mirror becomes blurry. It doesn't help that in Texas we have those highways and roads with a coarse, chipseal texture that add vibration to everything.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I can't really tell how severe your case of the shakes is, but I think some mild vibration is pretty much a "feature" of the S550 design. My '18 also has kind of a tingling or buzzing sensation in the steering wheel (but it doesn't shimmy or move back/forth). And on some road surfaces my rear view mirror becomes blurry. It doesn't help that in Texas we have those highways and roads with a coarse, chipseal texture that add vibration to everything.
My car has the 20 inch rims so I expect to feel more of the road, however, the car did not do this until it had about 1300 miles on it. I just remember pulling on to the highway and I felt the steering vibrate and shimmy slightly. Then by the time I was around 75 MPH, I could see the out of focus vibrating rear view mirror. I have since rotated and balanced the tires 3 times in hopes of getting rid of the issues but no fix. I will take it to a local indie shop and have them check the driveshaft.

@redneck ron if and when you get yours sorted, please update as to what fixed your issue.

Thanks

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
My 16' has it. Rear view mirror is only in focus at stop lights..lol . Could be my Roush axle backs idk. New oem tires, new aftermarket wheels and tires and it's still there. I suspect driveshaft or diff.

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
If this is the drivetrain vibration this is the first 2018 or newer that I have heard of that has it. They fixed the problem in 2018, but shit happens. If it’s severe, take it in. Don’t put up with it, it will drive you crazy.
Sponsored