• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

[bulk buy] Steeda Clutch Spring 35lbs

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Righto

Installed the clutch spring over the weekend.

(Disclaimer: I was in the 'I don't mind the stock clutch spring feel' camp.)

The clutch feel has improved by at least 55% :D

It is a touch heavier - not to the point where it's a deal breaker if you're driving in traffic - but it's a lot more traditional clutch feeling, rather than the over assisted 'two part' feel of the stock spring, if that makes sense.

12/10 would mod again :thumbsup:
Haha nice!
Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys who have installed their's any tips? I'm paranoid about breaking the top plastic bit. The steeda instructions say to turn it towards the drivers seat, I assume we turn ours towards the right side of the car given our seat is on the other side of the car and so is the spring.

Anyone in Sydney free this weekend and feel like installing it for me, pretty pleeeease!!!

Thanks!

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Hey guys who have installed their's any tips? I'm paranoid about breaking the top plastic bit. The steeda instructions say to turn it towards the drivers seat, I assume we turn ours towards the right side of the car given our seat is on the other side of the car and so is the spring.

Anyone in Sydney free this weekend and feel like installing it for me, pretty pleeeease!!!

Thanks!
Phil,

Get under there, door fully open, with your back on the door sill (if your back is ok haha).

Get a light, and have a look at the assembly when you press down on the clutch. I have no idea how others have broke it, it's self explanatory once you're down there.

Once the spring is compressed, the top starts to unseat and you compress it a touch more with your hand and it comes out.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Phil,

Get under there, door fully open, with your back on the door sill (if your back is ok haha).

Get a light, and have a look at the assembly when you press down on the clutch. I have no idea how others have broke it, it's self explanatory once you're down there.

Once the spring is compressed, the top starts to unseat and you compress it a touch more with your hand and it comes out.
Thanks mate, I've gotten under there and had a look and tried compressing the spring but it wont go enough. I'm in my garage so i cant open the door more and of course it's freakin raining! I'll try properly outside. The top part is just hinge type of thing right? Like it just sits in the the groove?

My stupid locking pliers dont seem to lock down either, like the gap im trying to lock is too big for them.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Also did you notice our spring looks different to the american spring?

Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Thanks mate, I've gotten under there and had a look and tried compressing the spring but it wont go enough. I'm in my garage so i cant open the door more and of course it's freakin raining! I'll try properly outside. The top part is just hinge type of thing right? Like it just sits in the the groove?

My stupid locking pliers dont seem to lock down either, like the gap im trying to lock is too big for them.
Yeh i had a small set of normal nose locking pliers, not needle nose. Yup, the top part just seats into the groove, if you pull down on the spring when your locking pliers are locked, it will come out.

Get lots of space, make yourself comfortable and it'll happen.

Also did you notice our spring looks different to the american spring?
Yeh I didn't pay too much attention to this, but I had a feeling it was a bit different if you go by the pictures.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok thanks mate, going to try it now it's stopped raining!

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Omfg im ready to murder this bloody thing! I cant compress the spring enough (even with grabbing 3coils) so then i need to pull it off sideways but im scared its going to snap the top as its pivoting on it.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I grabbed a pic of my spring too, looks alot different to the one in Steeda's instructions

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
I grabbed a pic of my spring too, looks alot different to the one in Steeda's instructions
yup that's it, its teal coloured.

that top bit isn't clipped in or anything, it just rests in its holder.

Silly question but are you pressing the clutch fully in??

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
yup that's it, its teal coloured.

that top bit isn't clipped in or anything, it just rests in its holder.

Silly question but are you pressing the clutch fully in??
Yeah which is why I want to get the spring closed enough that it falls out so i dont twist the top at all

Yeah I'm pushing the clutch all the way to the floor, ive just bought some better pliers so hopefully they will do the trick

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Omfg i finally got it!! And it didnt break! Now to put the steeda spring in and never talk about this again!

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hhahah putting the steeda but in was so easy! Clutch feels good, heavier (but not too bad) and just better, only reversed the car back in the garage but i could tell it felt like a normal clutch, going for a drive later tonight so ill really know then
Sponsored