Sponsored

Built in Dearborn plant sticker replacment question

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Why you would you want a sticker of union plant on your car ? Where do you think all those mismatched panels come from ?
baawwahhhaa :lol:
Sponsored

OP
OP

stevejon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black mustang ecoboost
Why you would you want a sticker of union plant on your car ? Where do you think all those mismatched panels come from ?
I look at it a bit differently,I've never owned an American built car and I liked the look of the sticker as well.also I might add the panels are all lined up,so iam happy with the build quality.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Deysha - for those of us who lost them due to Dealers removing them - will there be a cost associated with replacement (if the decals can be sent out)?

Also - how do we get replacement Build Sheets or the other paper docs that were in the car when delivered? I had specially asked my Dealer to keep the Build Sheet, but when I arrived to pick up the car, their "prep team" had already discarded the docs!
Hey Cobra Jet,

My US peeps can PM me or call into the CRC at 1-800-392-3673 and request a replacement plant sticker. At this time there’s no cost to the customer. Again, it’s a one-time replacement, as we don’t get many often.

Deysha

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

15 Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertable
Let me look into this for you, stevejon. Please, PM me with your full name, VIN, best daytime number, and address. I’ll look into this for you.

Deysha
Deysha, the Customer Relationship just contact me to let me know that a replacement plant sticker is being sent today.
Thank you for your assistance is getting this done!
Dave

timsstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 'vert
OP, if you will send an email to the Flat Rock assembly plant, they will send you one. I did the same, and they sent me a replacement. My dealer had put something on mine that discolored half the sticker.

As for why I replaced, can you say 'stock'?

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
LOL....sad but true. Panel fit issues, blotchy paint......but I still love Ford. I remember when I bought a '01 Bullitt, sight unseen from a dealer 200 miles away. When his driver delivered the car, there were interior trim pieces in the floorboard, infamous 1-2 shift crunch, leaking rear tranny seal.....I actually scratched the instrument lens with a diaper and the driver's seatback leather starting peeling with less than 1K miles.......and I still loved that car......something about Mustangs allow you to overlook that laughable QA/QC issues.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
LOL....sad but true. Panel fit issues, blotchy paint......but I still love Ford. I remember when I bought a '01 Bullitt, sight unseen from a dealer 200 miles away. When his driver delivered the car, there were interior trim pieces in the floorboard, infamous 1-2 shift crunch, leaking rear tranny seal.....I actually scratched the instrument lens with a diaper and the driver's seatback leather starting peeling with less than 1K miles.......and I still loved that car......something about Mustangs allow you to overlook that laughable QA/QC issues.
I love the car and mine ended up actually pretty much (knock on wood) perfect so far. Just dealt with union shops enough that I would have to be insane to ask for that particular sticker replacement.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Again, other than some paint issues (I call it "blotchy", some darker spots in the paint) and the panel fit could certainly be better, particularly where the rear quarters meet the rear bumper cover.....my '15 has much better overall quality than the last Mustang. Ford is Ford. I have owned several Ford vehicles in the last 25 years and the build quality has always left a bit to be desired, particularly in the 90's and early 00's but they are doing better. The new F-150 has almost hooked me away from Toyota trucks....but not quite yet.