Sponsored

Bring back Vibrant aluminum mufflers!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I've used Vibrant aluminum mufflers in the past, but they have discontinued them. I saw this video they posted and they ask if the car community wants them back. If so they ask to post in the comments. They were high quality and affordable so I posted I want them asap! Their vid shows a nice alum system being installed on a foxbody. I'm looking to go aluminum for the weight savings. Can you guys use them also???

I have no affiliation with Vibrant but use their products and have been very pleased with them.

Sponsored

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
That is Kashus, he owns the red Fox body. He is a buddy. Saw him last weekend at a car show and was joking with him that I heard him coming with the aluminum mufflers long before I saw his car.

OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
That is Kashus, he owns the red Fox body. He is a buddy. Saw him last weekend at a car show and was joking with him that I heard him coming with the aluminum mufflers long before I saw his car.
Tell him to bring them mufflers back!

Sponsored

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS
Why not just go titanium? I'm running full titanium from downpipes to exhaust tips, wastegate plumbing as well. Crazy how light it is!
Agreed, much better choice. Can stand up to the crazy hot EGTs of a boosted engine and awesome corrosion resistance.

OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Why not just go titanium? I'm running full titanium from downpipes to exhaust tips, wastegate plumbing as well. Crazy how light it is!
Was it cheap?

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Was it cheap?
If cheap was the way to go we would have all been driving Yugos my friend
 Also, I might have just dated myself with that reference haha 😂

OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
If cheap was the way to go we would have all been driving Yugos my friend
 Also, I might have just dated myself with that reference haha 😂
You could have just said no. Inconel is a better choice than Ti since money is no object for you!

The thread is about bringing back affordable, lightweight, aluminum mufflers. Not the most expensive, lightweight materials on the face of the planet.

myfast70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Was it cheap?
If you shoot me a pm with what you need I can get you pricing. It's not as bad as you think! The mufflers I get still need to be assembled but if you can weld Ti it's not an issue

Sponsored
OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
If you shoot me a pm with what you need I can get you pricing. It's not as bad as you think! The mufflers I get still need to be assembled but if you can weld Ti it's not an issue
I saw that muffler pricing wasn't bad, but the cost of bends, hangers and vbands really added up.

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
You could have just said no. Inconel is a better choice than Ti since money is no object for you!

The thread is about bringing back affordable, lightweight, aluminum mufflers. Not the most expensive, lightweight materials on the face of the planet.
No worries my man, didn’t know that price was a primary goal for you. Sorry about that.

Inconel is great for areas of high heat and pressure and we use them in the high efficiency boiler world to that effect. They’re also great exhaust valves for your cylinder heads in forced induction applications and I’m running them with good result. However, since Inconel is twice as heavy as titanium it’s definitely not a better choice for mufflers and/or exhaust systems. :)

Good luck with your aluminum muffler quest!

OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
No worries my man, didn’t know that price was a primary goal for you. Sorry about that.

Inconel is great for areas of high heat and pressure and we use them in the high efficiency boiler world to that effect. They’re also great exhaust valves for your cylinder heads in forced induction applications and I’m running them with good result. However, since Inconel is twice as heavy as titanium it’s definitely not a better choice for mufflers and/or exhaust systems. :)

Good luck with your aluminum muffler quest!
Cost is always a top concern, but not necessarily the driving factor. Cheap and light is my aim on this one.
Sponsored