Brembo repair costs vs non-Brembo

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
Several of my coworkers, including one with a Boss 302 say the brake job cost on a Brembo car is stupid spendy compared to "regular" brakes. The Boss owner even suggesting new rotors with every brake job because they are "disposable". What's the skinny on this? I've never had a car with Brembos.
Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Several of my coworkers, including one with a Boss 302 say the brake job cost on a Brembo car is stupid spendy compared to "regular" brakes. The Boss owner even suggesting new rotors with every brake job because they are "disposable". What's the skinny on this? I've never had a car with Brembos.
If you're tracking the car and/or using race pads, that's probably pretty accurate they'll rip up your rotors a bit more, otherwise I highly doubt OEM pads and conservative daily street use could justify new rotors at every pad change. If you are changing all of your brake components with legit Brembo parts, then maybe they cost a bit more but I am sure some online research could get you in the right direction for an aftermarket alternative. The calipers will be the most expensive part but I'd just rebuild them over completely replacing them. I know with my Wilwood BBK on my old car, they were about the same price for pads and rotors. They required a complete rebuild pretty quick and went through pads a lot quicker than normal. Needless to say, I didn't like them very much.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
it's just pads. as ^^ this guy said. The real work of the Brembos is in the calipers.

on my s60R, I can say Brembo brakes are the easiest brake pads i have ever changed. when the wheel is off, all you need is a small screw driver or ice pick to push the pin out. the pads slide out and the new ones slide back in, in seconds.

So no. the price to replace pads is not going to be any greater sans the fact they are slightly larger.