Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
They've been used on the Coyote's (and other cars of course) since inception and they vent the vapors to atmosphere. Issues reported are oil mist on motor and smell of oil vapors. Other than that it's perfectly fine to use them. The issues and modes of crankcase ventilation have been beat to death like the use of different oils so.............

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
iirc they clean up the aesthetics in the engine bay, but you loose all the positive benefits of the positive crankcase vent system for emissions and a couple of hp.

I bought a similar set of breather filters, but decided against installing them after reading more on what the factory PCV system does. You could probably run one on the drivers side since that's basically what the factory plumbing does (it takes clean air from the air intake filter), but the passenger side is probably best served by a catch can so you keep the PCV function.

OP
OP
50hhh

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Nearly everything I have read says these>catch can. I'd seen them but never paid attention to what they did. Sounds like it's just another option for people to argue over. I think they look cool. Wonder if ford would give any warranty static about them?

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Not worth it unless boosted. The boost blowby will act as a sort of PCV by forcing the crankcase gasses out. If you are NA, you are only going to develop moisture in the oil system and screw up your shiz long term.

Also, if you do run a breather, do it on both valve covers, not just the driver side. You will screw up your fueling by getting unmetered air into the engine. Been there, done that circa 2002....