Sponsored

Brake Squeal

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
I’ve got a 16 GT350 with just over 11k miles. While I’ve always had very minor and very sporadic brake squeal over the last 500 miles it’s become completely unbearable. Literally every stop. Clean car. Dirty car. Doesn’t matter. It occurs just before I’m at a complete stop. Please for the love of god help me find a solution. I literally can’t take it. Open to any ideas including alternate pads. Thoughts/recommendations please.
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I have the same squeal issue after 16K miles and my experience with motorcycle brakes tells me the squeal develops by rubbing on the ridge that forms on each side of the pad as the rotor starts to wear. I have a machine that can grind the face of these GT350 rotors and I plan on testing this concept this weekend to loose the squeal. I am sure a fresh rotor face will solve the noise and will report back with the results.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I get the squeal when I daily drive the car. After a weekend of autocross abuse I don't have squeal for a few days. Gotta use them HARD to get them bedded properly and re-do it kind of often. A bit of a hassle, I guess, but it keeps them quiet and it's a price to pay for brakes this good.
Sponsored