Brake Calipers

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Strange request, but can someone measure the approximate length and height of the Brembo logo on the front and back calipers (assuming they are different sizes)? My car won't be here for another couple of weeks. When it does get here, I'm going to paint the calipers with G2 and need to figure out what size decal or stencil to use when replacing the lettering.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAV

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yep, I'm in that thread. No mention of the dimensions of the lettering however...

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
Hey MAV
I am at work. If you don't get your answer by 6pm tonight (eastern) shoot me a pm and I'll measure them and let you know.

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby (White with DIB OTT Stripes) #1233
I painted mine DIB with the oxford white lettering. I wanted to match the stripes and coil covers that I had done. I think it turned out pretty dang good :) I used a 4.25" logo in length on the front calipers and a 3.75" logo in length on the rears.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I painted mine DIB with the oxford white lettering. I wanted to match the stripes and coil covers that I had done. I think it turned out pretty dang good :) I used a 4.25" logo in length on the front calipers and a 3.75" logo in length on the rears.

They turned out real good . What exactly is involved in getting the calipers painted ? Did you remove yours ? Are they powder coated ?

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Bro, you are seriously stealing all my ideas:cheers:

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They turned out real good . What exactly is involved in getting the calipers painted ? Did you remove yours ? Are they powder coated ?
I actually took them into a paint and body shop and had them done. They removed the calipers from the rotors and taped off the rest of the car. Then they did a pure mix for the special paint (to withstand the heat), as they don't make high heat paint in Deep Impact Blue. They started with a white base and then applied the Brembo stencils. Then did 3 coats of DIB over that. Once they removed the stencil, they shot it 3 more times with high heat clear.

I could have taken the route of using Ford blue and doing it myself with a rattle can. It only cost me about $300 (most of that went to the cost of all the paint) to have them do it and I won't have to worry about peeling. I'm not a track guy, but do attend car shows.

That plain black was absolutely killing. Every car I have, I do small and simple things to make it my own. Nothing over the top, but I am extremely pleased with how it turned out.

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bro, you are seriously stealing all my ideas:cheers:
Patio..we should collaborate sometime. I have tons of ideas for little things to change up on it, without making it look like some way off custom. Check out some of the threads I've posted with my pics of the things I've completed:

1. Tint
2. DIB/Oxford White calipers
3. LED front marker light conversion
4. LED complete interior conversion
5. DIB/Oxford White coil covers

Again, nothing over the top, but just enough to make it feel more mine :)

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Had the same idea for my car. Glad we don't live nearby eachother

Turned out great

Sponsored

R1Jester

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r1jester.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Could you take some pictures standing back a few feet? Want to see the comparison with the car...

Really like this look

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could you take some pictures standing back a few feet? Want to see the comparison with the car...

Really like this look
I'll try and take a few from farther back tomorrow. I will say that unless you're about 5 feet from the car, the blue color is dark enough that it doesn't smack you in the face or stand out like a sore thumb...it's pretty subtle looking.

I know most folks on here want to go with red for the calipers. Personally....I can't stand the color red. I even painted the calipers on my 67 fastback blue. The paint shop even suggested going white with blue lettering, but I turned that down faster than a New York second.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
they would be grey/black again after 2 blocks :)
Sponsored