Boss manifold on a s550

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
15gt pp, 2jz s14, 7.5 Gti and a Ls430
What's needed to fit a boss manifold on 15s. I did some searching but did not come up with much. Thinking of adding that and boost.

Thanx in advance
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
Thanx a bunch

ForeverMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks for sharing the threads but they seem to have very limited info that is spread out over hundreds of comments, most of which look related to the install process.

Is the small cut out in the hood from the first post all that is necessary to fit the Boss IM? It looks pretty simple so I'm surprised more people around doing it.

What about the engine mounts that I have seen mentioned? Anyone have experience with those?

Also, would I be correct in assuming you'll never have a strut tower brace with a Boss IM on a 2015+? Even with the other engine mounts?

I would really like to let the engine breath and pull hard to 7500 rpm or more and the Boss IM seems like a great deal in that regard. The new GT350 IM is probably much better, but not 2-3X the price better, in my humble opinion. But I guess I'm looking more for high RPM flexibility rather than huge power gains of any sort. Either way, I also was looking for info on 2015s with the Boss IM and although there is some info out there, it seems pretty scattered and it would be nice to have more thorough info in one place.

Sikksohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 gt premium pp
From my research for boss or cobra jet you either cut the hood or do the engine mounts. The strut tower brace is unlikely since I haven't found a manufacturer that makes a specific one that fits but it's possible a custom one could be built. I just bought a cobra jet and when the weather warms up and I get to the install I will be looking into a custom strut tower bar.

Sponsored

ForeverMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang GT
From my research for boss or cobra jet you either cut the hood or do the engine mounts. The strut tower brace is unlikely since I haven't found a manufacturer that makes a specific one that fits but it's possible a custom one could be built. I just bought a cobra jet and when the weather warms up and I get to the install I will be looking into a custom strut tower bar.
Where do you get the engine mounts and do you have an idea what installation would be?

OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
I decided not to use lowering mounts because I will be running a cenrti blower and lowering the engine may create fitment issues. Instead I will install the oil pump and crank gears. Open the intake (boss mani), open the exhaust (stainless power+Gibson) slap a Jt billet at 12 psi or so. These motors/boss combo should pull all the way to 7800.....that combined with 3.73 should be fun......
And to install the boss manifold u just have to trim the underlining of the hood a little and loose the strut brace...but u gain almost 1300 rpm of boosted coyote.
My car stopped making power at 6700~6800 rpm on a mustang dyno.

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
i would just add boost and keep the rpms down. i think we might start seeing more of these crank gear failures with these guys reving past 7200 rpms!

OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
I shift at 7500 now.

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
Cut the hood and you won't need nothing to install the boss

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
Lethal performance has a good selection of engine mounts. I'm sure beefcake can get them as well

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
I decided not to use lowering mounts because I will be running a cenrti blower and lowering the engine may create fitment issues. Instead I will install the oil pump and crank gears. Open the intake (boss mani), open the exhaust (stainless power+Gibson) slap a Jt billet at 12 psi or so. These motors/boss combo should pull all the way to 7800.....that combined with 3.73 should be fun......
And to install the boss manifold u just have to trim the underlining of the hood a little and loose the strut brace...but u gain almost 1300 rpm of boosted coyote.
My car stopped making power at 6700~6800 rpm on a mustang dyno.
It seems most of the boss/cj curves flatten out up top without a way to take advantage of the extra air. Need some heads for these cars

OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
It seems most of the boss/cj curves flatten out up top without a way to take advantage of the extra air. Need some heads for these cars
Actually the 15-16 heads are the boss 302 heads which ported flow more than gt500 heads.

Came from a ford racing article.....
Sponsored