Borla Touring vs. Borla S-type Sound

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I understand the mufflers on these two systems are the same (S-type), but other than the S-type Catback being louder and raspier, but are there any tonal differences?

I had the FRPP Touring Catback and liked it except for the raspines at higher RPMs. I was thinking of the S-type Catback with Vibrant 12" Bottle Resonators after the X-pipe - hoping to significantly reduce the raspiness but only reducing the volume slightly... FRPP Touring Catback with the bottle resonators is also a possibility, but I am afraid the resonators will quiet it down too much - making it sound close to the OEM exhaust. Interested in any thoughts. Both Vibrant and my local exhaust shop indicate the 12" Vibrant resonators would reduce the volume by 2 or 3 decibels.

Thanks!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I understand the mufflers on these two systems are the same (S-type), but other than the S-type Catback being louder and raspier, but are there any tonal differences?

I had the FRPP Touring Catback and liked it except for the raspines at higher RPMs. I was thinking of the S-type Catback with Vibrant 12" Bottle Resonators after the X-pipe - hoping to significantly reduce the raspiness but only reducing the volume slightly... FRPP Touring Catback with the bottle resonators is also a possibility, but I am afraid the resonators will quiet it down too much - making it sound close to the OEM exhaust. Interested in any thoughts. Both Vibrant and my local exhaust shop indicate the 12" Vibrant resonators would reduce the volume by 2 or 3 decibels.

Thanks!
They're probably right. The resonators would make it just a little louder than the Borla Touring CB. It would probably end up a bit quieter than the FRPP touring but not a lot. Using the H-pipe will be a little louder than X, also. The S-type isn't all that raspy, IMO. It has sharp, rather than smooth, deep tones, but not metallic rasp.

Jprada1210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT yellow Jacket

Thanks!
My borla Stinger type s exhaust is for sale in the classified if your interested .

OP
OP

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Thanks, but I think I'm going back to the FRPP Touring Catback. I know what that sounds like and I'm mostly OK with it. I'm afraid the S-type would be raspier than I want.

Jprada1210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT yellow Jacket
Thanks, but I think I'm going back to the FRPP Touring Catback. I know what that sounds like and I'm mostly OK with it. I'm afraid the S-type would be raspier than I want.
To be honest the cat back alone actually didn't sound raspy it sounded deep and really nice . When I added the long tube headers is when things got raspy and too loud for my taste . Hope that helps

Sponsored

OP
OP

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Do you have any soundclips of the S-type exhaust?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Thanks. It's a bit louder in the cabin than I want. Thanks for pointing me to the videos. They do a good job of demonstrating the S-type. Good luck with selling your system.
Sponsored