BORLA® Exhaust for the GT350

Status
Not open for further replies.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Maybe it's the quality of the video, but the unique exhaust note of the Voodoo seems lost with that set up. I can't recognize it as a GT350 sound. Sounds like an aggressive exhaust note of a regular V8 :shrug:
Agreed, it's lost the unique exhaust note in this video. Hopefully Borla's videos will provide a more full range sound.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Maybe it's the quality of the video, but the unique exhaust note of the Voodoo seems lost with that set up. I can't recognize it as a GT350 sound. Sounds like an aggressive exhaust note of a regular V8 :shrug:
Agreed, it's lost the unique exhaust not in this video. Hopefully Borla's videos will provide a more full range sound.
Also agree with this.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I would wait to hear it with the stock headers+Borla exhaust. I would think some a lot of the note change is from the headers themselves
Agreed.

Would love to hear it with the stock setup. Long tubes change so much of a cars exhaust note. Hopefully Borla had a stock car to test on also

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Until you hear a voodoo with long tubes in person you can't go by video / sound clips. You HAVE to hear it in person before you judge.

You can't please everyone. Everyone has their own taste.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Until you hear a voodoo with long tubes in person you can't go by video / sound clips. You HAVE to hear it in person before you judge.

You can't please everyone. Everyone has their own taste.
For what its worth, before I ever heard a GT350 in person, Ive only heard it on youtube videos from MT, and other review videos.

The first time I heard that Voodoo wail in person, I instantly knew what it was and just happened to catch a glimpse of it as it went by.

Just because Ive only heard it in a clip, doesnt mean it wont give you an idea of what it sounds like. And so far, what it sounds like, is not Voodoo. Those are my initial thoughts.

Anxiously awaiting HQ video/audio from Borla.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
For what its worth, before I ever heard a GT350 in person, Ive only heard it on youtube videos from MT, and other review videos.

The first time I heard that Voodoo wail in person, I instantly knew what it was and just happened to catch a glimpse of it as it went by.

Just because Ive only heard it in a clip, doesnt mean it wont give you an idea of what it sounds like. And so far, what it sounds like, is not Voodoo. Those are my initial thoughts.

Same here, a lot of people say YouTube/video clips sound nothing like xyz exhaust setup. But, I to have found them to be pretty close IMO and get a very good idea if I'll like it or not in person.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Agreed. Sounds good, but not Voodoo. Hopefully the ATAK catback by itself doesn't take away from that unique sound and just adds to it.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Sounds good and racy but not unique

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I need to ask. So what are your guys opinions if it has long tubes with Borla vs stock mufflers?

RonnieSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SVT Lighting , 2018 GT350
I don't get it. With the exhaust valves open your not even using the mufflers so the 18 hp gain is all from the x pipe???????

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I don't get it. With the exhaust valves open your not even using the mufflers so the 18 hp gain is all from the x pipe???????
Exactly. That's the samething I said when kooks claimed 10rwhp with their muffler swap. The mufflers alone are not adding any hp.

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
Judging the internet sounds coming from my AudioTechnica headphones, the setups who sound the best (TO MY EARS/TASTE) are the cars with LTs(Kooks-ARH)/Aftermarket Xs/Stock mufflers.

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
I need to ask. So what are your guys opinions if it has long tubes with Borla vs stock mufflers?
I'd like to hear your setup with high flow cats to remove a little rasp but keep the volume. I prefer the stock mufflers as they sound tuned to produce a specific sound.

The Borla makes it sound like a Coyote to my ears.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I cant hear the signature Voodoo. It has a racy V8 engine tone to it though, unique in its own way. I doubt people can tell its a GT350 just by hearing that.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
the exhaust valve is a muffler by-pass valve? you sure?
had anyone cut open the muffler to actually confirm if that is true?

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.