OP
OP
dentalguy

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
You guys are confirming my gut instinct, suspension first. This isn't close to my first rodeo with v8s, but it is my first time considering boosting one myself. That didn't already come that way that is. But I do see a lot of people here who boost then maybe even never upgrade the suspension, so that's why I was wondering if I just just get the power first.

Does my game plan sound good for the handling upgrades? My thoughts for the hood and grille were to increase airflow and keep heat down when I get boosted.

When you guys say, "brakes", should I upgrade to the ford racing brembos?

Anyone want to chime in on the hellion vs whipple? I know it's opinion, but I value the thoughts here.
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
If you go to Cars & Coffee...boost first. :doh:

For the rest of us...suspension first. :headbang:

OP
OP
dentalguy

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
It's a daily driver now, but in a year, once I start the mods it will be just a fun car. It's an auto. Honestly it goes to cars and coffee, I do mostly highway and back country pulls. Maybe there might be another car next to me sometimes....

Wait, I get the joke. Running over people at cars and coffee with the boost, someone has got to do it? lol kidding

Sponsored

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Safety first!

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Option 2:

Ford Racing track handling pack
BMR Goodies (lock out, some braces, ect.)
MRR m350s (305 rear, staggered)
MMD V series grill
Anderson Composites extractor hood, splitter, ect in carbon fiber
Mak cat deletes
Lund tune
This is a great setup. The GT is a little heavy in stock form, and the stock Pirelli tires are meh. It benefits greatly from lighter rims, wider/stickier tires, and a tighter suspension. With the mods you have listed here your car that will feel much lighter and zippier, will handle much better, and you'll really be able to put the power down.

Also, the Base GT brakes are very good and don't require upgrading. Only upgrade to the Brembos if you want the look or plan on tracking several times per year and need that bleeding edge stopping power. Better tires will make a bigger difference in braking than the Brembos.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
For a car that won't see the strip or a racetrack I say do the blower first. Put a bmr lockout kit and a set of springs on a 0% credit card if that breaks the budget...lol

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys I'm thinking about doing some upgrades in about a year or so when my warranty goes out. I just had my evaporator core and sync go out on me, at least I won't have to deal with those in the future. I'm debating on what approach I should take when choosing my next upgrades. I can't decide on if I should boost it or upgrade the suspension first.
Suspension. We don't need any more mustang memes :tsk:

Sponsored

6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Suspension. I couldn't stand the suspension of the stock GT (non PP). Installed the FR track pack when the car only had 700 miles on it.

For brakes, just upgrade the pads & fluid. No need for brembos if you aren't going to be tracking the car.

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
I did the blower first because I enjoy driving the car and the power. I cant track my because it is a convertible but I have made a few 1/8th mile passes for the fun of it and to see how it would do. What I have realized is that focusing on track use or drag use would become a slippery slope of always wanting "a little more". It has already happened with the blower and I have to keep reeling myself back in.

There is just something about falling out to pass traffic and feeling the boost kick in...

oh, and then there is putting "that guy" in his place that lets his mouth overload his ride. :)

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Boost, overall driveability seemed to improve drastically.
This car lacks that down low grunt in partial throttle applications. A twin screw blower REALLY improved that.
All these people saying suspension first, what do you plan on doing? Making it stiffer? That's not going to help you put power to the ground. If you're having wheel hop, yeah grab some bushings. But you should already have traction in just about every gear. How often are you throwing your car into some crazy turns in your regular commute as opposed to the smile you'd get just giving it partial/WOT passing someone in a multi lane road.
Also, the Auto driveline handles the boost a thousand times better than the manual.
Get the expensive shit out of the way and build around it. You'll be smiling from ear to ear i promise.

Joebroni

Frac E-Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 50th
Suspension is the correct answer, because without traction, all that power can't make it to the ground and you are likely to break something trying (at low speeds).

But in my opinion, I think you should start with boost. For me, the big reason is the money factor. Dumping $10k all at once, if you can afford to do so, gets the most expensive mod done and out of the way. The suspension mods can be pieced together and purchased individually over the months until you finish it all up. And what fun are suspension mods if you don't track the car? You'll get some wider wheels/tires, and get it lowered, but most of the rest can't be seen and based on your driving style, rarely enjoyed.

You'll always get to enjoy that boost, even if it just spins tires. Mind as well burn up those factory set of tires before you replace them. Just avoid launches.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Does "doing the suspension" include axle half shafts? IIRC, 700hp and traction could result in an instant "open differential."

I agree with the suspension first advice.
Honestly, the car has 435 freaking horsepower stock. You may get the suspension buttoned down and realize that the driving experience is more than good enough.

I did suspension mods and tires first on my S197 and it transformed the car from a wallowing mess into a genuine corner carver...it's not as good as a suspension modded S550, of course but still a total blast. I postponed my blower plans as a result. :D
Sponsored