Sponsored

Boost Gauges

Jq42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
For us non PP ecoboost owners, what would be a good gauge to read boost? Does anyone currently have an aftermarket boost gauge?
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I think most just use the digital gauge in the center cluster. However, if I was going to buy a physical gauge, I'd get an Autometer. They produce a variety of different types and styles depending on what look you're going for. I've always been a fan of the Autometer Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite series of gauges.

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I use my accessport to read boost atm. The digital gauge in the dash is nice but I actually use that to show my fuel usage and range because I'm a nerd.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
The boost gauge is not in an ideal location on the PP cars. It is WAY easier to read/monitor on the center display of the non PP equipped cars. I think the 2015's are limited to a 20psi reading (correct me if I'm wrong) so if you get tuned or go big turbo you'll want something else. For stock use, the center display is actually good.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I tested a dash mounted gauge setup on my car awhile back. Boot/WB02/Fuel Pressure. It used a Boss 302 gauge pod mounted on the center speaker cover. It looked factory and worked really well. I'm feeling more of the sleeper vibe so I sold it. Otherwise, there aren't many good looking options available for gauge mounting on these cars.

Sponsored

jchristena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If you do go with an aftermarket boost gauge, such as the Autometer, get the one with a MAP sensor. I've been through a few mechanical gauges over the years and none of them have been dead on. The Roush gauges(tried 2) I had recently were off as much as 3 psi across the board.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
The boost gauge is not in an ideal location on the PP cars. It is WAY easier to read/monitor on the center display of the non PP equipped cars. I think the 2015's are limited to a 20psi reading (correct me if I'm wrong) so if you get tuned or go big turbo you'll want something else. For stock use, the center display is actually good.
The gauge on my pp car reads past 20psi and matches what is on the AP. I agree the pp boost gauge is in a horrible location.

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
The gauge on my pp car reads past 20psi and matches what is on the AP. I agree the pp boost gauge is in a horrible location.
I use the center gauge on my non performance pack and it's fine with my Cobb OTS 93 octane tune. Good to see A/F ratio and Boost right on top of each other.

OP
OP
Jq42

Jq42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I tested a dash mounted gauge setup on my car awhile back. Boot/WB02/Fuel Pressure. It used a Boss 302 gauge pod mounted on the center speaker cover. It looked factory and worked really well. I'm feeling more of the sleeper vibe so I sold it. Otherwise, there aren't many good looking options available for gauge mounting on these cars.
Have any pics of the setup?

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
In for whoever posts pics thanks
Sponsored