Sponsored

BMS Clutch Stop

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Has anyone here heard of the BMS clutch stop? It is a very popular mod for the BMW crowd. Basically a $10 part that replaces the factory clutch stop with a different unit. It takes away all the dead pedal play once the clutch engages, ie it limits the amount you can depress the clutch. So basically results in shorter clutch pedal play, and faster shifting. Not sure if this is applicable for only BMW's, or all manual equipped cars including ours? I know we have the clutch assist spring, but I am wondering if there is still an opportunity to more precisely depress the clutch pedal in amore efficient way.
Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I haven't heard of them. I'm still toying with a DIY clutch stop. The easy part is attaching a bumper to the back side of the pedal. The hard part(for me anyway) is to retro fit the switch that lets you start the car.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
A word of caution. While a clutch stop seems harmless the time it takes to over travel past the disengagement point of the clutch affords the operation of the shifter to put less stress on the sycros. Clutch stops are often followed in a few months with worn transmission syncros. Ford modified the master cylinder in the last of the GT500s to allow more space between the pressure plate and the flywheel because the syncros were taking a beating .
Sponsored