BMR TR005 Toe Link w/FRPP Bushings

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Trying to finish up my suspension today and went to install the TR005's and there is no chance they will fit over the new FRPP Toe Link bushings? I even took one to the vice to slight spread the ends of the TR005 and it takes a lot just to even get them to start onto the bushing. Not sure if the FRPP bushings are wider than the stock but they must be since the stock Toe Links won't fit over the bushings either. Do they make a special Toe Link for these bushings? Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Trying to finish up my suspension today and went to install the TR005's and there is no chance they will fit over the new FRPP Toe Link bushings? I even took one to the vice to slight spread the ends of the TR005 and it takes a lot just to even get them to start onto the bushing. Not sure if the FRPP bushings are wider than the stock but they must be since the stock Toe Links won't fit over the bushings either. Do they make a special Toe Link for these bushings? Thanks for the help!
Something must be wrong...I have the FRPP bearing on stock toe links. The bearing and stock bushing are very similar in size, they fit well within the stock toe link "fork".

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
I had this problem with my Steeda adjustable toe links on the Ford Bearings. I had to open the ends up on the Steeda part to make it work.

OP
OP
zrwhat

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
With a pair of calipers my bushings measure 1.790in and spacing on TR005's is 1.700in. Guess I'll just open up the ends.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I also had to use a vice to open up the BMR toe links when I installed the toe link bearings. I believe it actually squeezed the legs in on the factory rubber bushing when I tightened the bolt upon initial install.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
It's hit or miss. For whatever reason, the FP bearings are very inconsistent. They just use a factory bushing and grind the sleeve down - would be nice if they would make the bearing match the stock bushing.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have the FRPP bearings on my BMR TR005 toe links FWIW.

OP
OP
zrwhat

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Took quite a bit of bend to get them over bushings but looks all good when torqued down.

MPotter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, I know, dredging up old threads...

But, I recently received the TR005 Toe Links and FRPP bearings. Saw this thread and thought, "Dang, better check fit!" Glad I did. Turns out the bearings I received are about 0.050" wider than the opening in the TR005 bracket.

Easiest way to open up the bracket seemed to me to use a threaded press. 1/2" threaded rod, washers nuts, anti-seize and I had a perfect fit in a jiffy.
WithPress.jpg
TR005+bearing.jpg

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I know, dredging up old threads...

But, I recently received the TR005 Toe Links and FRPP bearings. Saw this thread and thought, "Dang, better check fit!" Glad I did. Turns out the bearings I received are about 0.050" wider than the opening in the TR005 bracket.

Easiest way to open up the bracket seemed to me to use a threaded press. 1/2" threaded rod, washers nuts, anti-seize and I had a perfect fit in a jiffy.
WithPress.jpg
TR005+bearing.jpg
That’s the exact method I used. Works a treat.
Sponsored