Sponsored

BMR 4-Point Chassis Brace Analysis & Review (CB006)

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I bought my BMR brace a few months ago. Put it on with a new set of tires. The steering response was drastically different in a good way. I didn't think much of the brace and wrote it off as all the new tires. Recently the connectors on my steering rack were broken off after running over a rock in the middle of the road that I judged to be a lot smaller. I needed to remove the brace to have more clearance to the bolts and replace the steering rack. Due to time restraints I never ended up putting the brace back on. Needless to say I can not wait for some free time to put the car up in the lift and put it back on. The difference in steering feel it makes is amazing. The price is well below what it should be for the difference it makes. Thank you BMR for another great product!

As far as creaking, I did notice some after installing the brace. I used some white lithium grease at the bottom of the front springs in the spring holder and creaks went away.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Curious as to who this person/company is posting this and what their credentials are; are they are rival company of BMR? Seems odd that someone that joined approx 1 year ago, has 35 posts and then comes out with the review of the BMR part has an agenda...

And if this is a company and you are going to critique another company in public at least have the balls to post who your company is...
I have not been trolling the forums that much lately (LOL) but I thought I saw a post a week or 2 ago of a member posting problems with the Steeda brace? So now this. I can pretty much tell by comments, pics of welds, pics of fitment and so on of which product is superior. I am going to give a perfect example of one of my purchases. I bought the CB005 BMR Cradle Lockout Kit and installed it. But because of my suspension addiction I ordered the Steeda brace that fits in the same location as the Cradle Lockout kit. BUT......when I saw the Steeda brace on a local guys car and heard his feedback I immediately called Steeda and cancelled the order. I feel the same way about the Cradle Lockout kit as I do my S/C IT WORKS. :) I saw Mr. BMR tech telling another member that he would garuntee return shipping if customer was not happy with full refund. I do have a question for Mr. BMR tech, Why in OPs 1st post if you look at pic #4 why is that hole wore out? And has anybody else had this problem? Because that could easily be not torquing bolts correctly!? This BMR part is on my Christmas list.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Another fucking out of school engineer wanna be principal engineer.

Call up Jamal hameedi, I am sure he has open position waiting for you as a suspension engineer.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Thanks guys!

Likely going to have an insane "just because" sale on our CB006 and CB007 next week!
[MENTION=21434]Doctor Fishtail[/MENTION] shoot me an email sir. I've got some stuff to share with you. ;)

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=18941]roadracergt[/MENTION]

Since you are unhappy with your CB005 brace and it does not meet your standards, I will gladly pay to have the part shipped back to our facility...and will refund you the full amount.

You mentioned the 2pt was the better solution. Well, we have those too. CB007 is the part #.

I have a sweet deal for you! Call me to order the CB007, or order it from our site. Make another analysis and review, and afterwards I will refund 100% of your cost on the new brace....regardless of how your analysis is worded.

Free 2pt brace for you my friend. Deal?
I'm your huckleberry! Seriously though, my only wish is that the four point brace would fit Kooks headers, which I will soon have. 2 point seems like a good mate to a strut brace?
BuyThat.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

roadracergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey Guys,

Just got back online & I didn't mean to cause such a ruckus. I was simply doing my evaluation as requested by Kelly as an open invitation on the forum in another thread.

By no means is my research the final word - simply a basis for other engineers or experts to weigh in & provide additional feedback.

Kelly - I am more than happy to take a look at your analysis/research as an apples to apples comparison on my findings compared to your brace.

If you would like me to try your 2-point brace, I appreciate the offer but I would rather purchase it online as to provide an unbiased review vs. getting a part for free.

Once ordered I will have another review/analysis to come.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Guys - there is "it works" and there is "engineered correctly". Not the same thing.

The aftermarket for any car is flooded with mostly crap. Occasionally you find a company that actually engineers their parts AND knows what they're doing.

My question to BMR is this: did you actually engineer this brace? If yes, it would be helpful to compare/contrast your methods/findings with the OP's.

Note - I have no agenda here. In fact, I've got the BMR Lockout Kit on order so if anything I want to see BMR in a positive light here but I will not let that cloud my objectivity.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,

Just got back online & I didn't mean to cause such a ruckus. I was simply doing my evaluation as requested by Kelly as an open invitation on the forum in another thread.

By no means is my research the final word - simply a basis for other engineers or experts to weigh in & provide additional feedback.

Kelly - I am more than happy to take a look at your analysis/research as an apples to apples comparison on my findings compared to your brace.

If you would like me to try your 2-point brace, I appreciate the offer but I would rather purchase it online as to provide an unbiased review vs. getting a part for free.

Once ordered I will have another review/analysis to come.
I agree with this all except the free part. You can accept free stuff and be unbiased, you just have to be upfront about it like everyone is being. If it is personal preference on handling this, I will most humbly accept the free part and write a review.

ThomasL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT
Whether it's on the forums or Facebook groups, one thing I notice is other companies going after BMR. Never the other way around unless it is BMR defending themselves and their products. Says a lot about BMR to me. They are doing something right. They are above the BS. Hiding behind what is basically an anonymous profile to bash a rival company is lame and most of us can see through that. Anyways, I've had my BMR springs and lockout kit on my car for nearly a year with zero complaints, 10,000 miles, 2 trips to the strip and a half mile event. Same with my Shelby. Had the BMR catalogue and zero issues. And I beat the living hell out of that car for 20k miles at 800hp. BMR ftw. I'm friends with some of the guys at BMR for full disclosure, but I hand them my hard earned cash any time I buy a part from them.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I called today looking for your thoughts about the creaking noises I have that, as I described, were observed slightly after the brace was installed and amplified exponentially immediately after the BMR brace was removed (and obviously the control arm bolts were re-torqued). This noise, as we discussed today, have been isolated to the passenger side control arm, where this brace mounts, using process of elimination and ultimately something I was told is called a "chassis ear" (hopefully I got that name/nick-name right).
Quick question, was this brace installed with a 2 post lift so that the wheels were hanging?

Or on a 4 post drive on lift?

I learned a long time ago how much a difference that can make with suspension pieces including chassis braces.

With my own experience torquing everything down with the wheels loaded has always eliminated and binding or squeaks I've had.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
As a journeyman tool and die maker I just love when aftermarket companies say how wide or lose the factory tolerances are. You can buy a oem part and it will 99.5% always bolt right on as intended. The .5% would be a defect in the part from damage. But when a aftermarket company makes a part and they expand on the tolerance because they say the factory tolerance is not consistent I just laugh. News flash it's not the car manufactures fault when a non oem part doesn't work or fit correctly. If you look at the bolt hole on this brace and see the hole and bolt clearance that's just ridiculous! Their are other options to make this brace better!
People buy things like this like snake oil. Most of the time it's just a want not a need.
image.jpeg
image.jpg

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
As a journeyman tool and die maker I just love when aftermarket companies say how wide or lose the factory tolerances are. You can buy a oem part and it will 99.5% always bolt right on as intended. The .5% would be a defect in the part from damage. But when a aftermarket company makes a part and they expand on the tolerance because they say the factory tolerance is not consistent I just laugh. News flash it's not the car manufactures fault when a non oem part doesn't work or fit correctly. If you look at the bolt hole on this brace and see the hole and bolt clearance that's just ridiculous! Their are other options to make this brace better!
People buy things like this like snake oil. Most of the time it's just a want not a need.
I disagree to a point. Tolerances can make a huge difference with any modification you do. It costs these guys a significant amount if it doesn't fit when they ship it and it is returned, both in capital and in reputation.

Is it possible they overdid it to ensure it will always fit, probably. Could they reduce the hole and still get it to fit, probably. But in all honest, I think if this is a concern, it would be better to figure out how to make this work in all situations and make it snug 99% of the time... A sleeve, bushing, stick of chewing gum... But since it hasn't been developed, makes me wonder if a problem actually exists.

As far as snake oil, I can attest in other vehicles that stiffening a factory chassis is better than some minor suspension modifications. Yeah, it won't make you pull 1.2g's on the skid pad, it changes the car significantly. I have no doubt this car is any different.

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I disagree to a point. Tolerances can make a huge difference with any modification you do. It costs these guys a significant amount if it doesn't fit when they ship it and it is returned, both in capital and in reputation.

Is it possible they overdid it to ensure it will always fit, probably. Could they reduce the hole and still get it to fit, probably. But in all honest, I think if this is a concern, it would be better to figure out how to make this work in all situations and make it snug 99% of the time... A sleeve, bushing, stick of chewing gum... But since it hasn't been developed, makes me wonder if a problem actually exists.

As far as snake oil, I can attest in other vehicles that stiffening a factory chassis is better than some minor suspension modifications. Yeah, it won't make you pull 1.2g's on the skid pad, it changes the car significantly. I have no doubt this car is any different.
My point on the tolerance is, I can take any oem part off my car and it'll bolt right on your car! No problems.
You already heard how steedas brace or brand X fitment is lackluster. I've been doing this for Over 30 years. I been in the tool and die business, auto body business my whole life ( family owned business) and a self employed ASE mechanic for 22 years. I seen it all.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks guys!

Likely going to have an insane "just because" sale on our CB006 and CB007 next week!
[MENTION=21434]Doctor Fishtail[/MENTION] shoot me an email sir. I've got some stuff to share with you. ;)
Si Senor. This brace, is it or could it be from install error these issues? If so how? Torquing bolts? What are the TQ Specs for this brace. The shop I am using is small I only need a shop for the lift can do 90% of this myself but my shop is 100% BMR he has installed the competition. On a side note I believe you and I are tuned by the same tuner.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
BMR should offer it also without the control arm bolt hole predrilled. Fairly easy for someone to spot the true center once installed as a test fit.
Sponsored