Sponsored

Blue Edition and Black Shadow special editions just for EU

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
Looks like Ford is preparing two special edition Mustang´s just for the European market:

Black Shadow: only available as an add on to the GT, it will have exclusive 19 -inch Y spoke black wheels (I will say that the wheels are just the 50YEARS anniversary wheels but painted black), black pony emblem on the grille and black 5.0 badges, alongside black stripes on sides and hood. Just available in Platinum White, Triple Yellow, Race Red and Grabber Blue.

Blue edition: if my understanding is correct, is just Grabber Blue with OEM stripes….but it can be associate also with the EcoBoost as well as the GT.

Source, Source, Source
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
[IRONIC]
Wow, so it seems Ford is realizing that also exists a non-US market!
[/IRONIC]

:doh:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Lame.

The "Blue Edition" is just a standard car in Grabber Blue with the stripe kit from the options list, that can already be ordered every day of the week since April.

And the "Black Shadow" is a regular car with the blackout kit from the options list and the stripes from the California Special.

Looks like completely useless additions to the lineup to me. Why not bring the original California Special to Europe? That is at least a bit more special in terms of interior, grilles and badges.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
'Special Editions'?! ...... hmmmm, don't seem that 'special' to me.

I read the headline and was hoping for something else (GT350, obviously!). Seems like a pretty half-hearted attempt to generate some Ford/Mustang headlines to me, but to be fair it's probably aimed at the folks who are not that into cars and this kind of thing will tempt them into the showrooms. I guess they have to do something to shift the last of the MY17's before the refresh.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I can just imagine how it went:

Inside an old, creepy, warehouse somewhere in Dearborn

Guy#1: Hey, what are those dusty boxes?
Guy#2: Oh these are the 50th anniversary rims, California special stripes and so on.
Guy#1: We have no use for these anymore and we need space. Call the trash company and ask them to carry out all these stuff.
Guy#2: Ok.. hey wait a moment: what about using these to build a ""special edition""?
Guy#1: What?! People is not stupid here, no one would want to buy a mustang made from waste..
Guy#2: You're right, damn. HEY I HAVE AN IDEA!! Why not send these to some foreign market?? They never had Mustangs, so they won't bother about that and we made more money!
Guy#1:

latest?cb=20121215205341.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhcMsVaB0niPXI_8twQIR9yNVH1_OzjrAHOtJlx8lKSXjfepXI.jpg

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT

Guy#2: Oh these are the 50th anniversary rims, California special stripes and so on.
Guy#1: We have no use for these anymore and we need space. Call the trash company and ask them to carry out all these stuff.
Guy#2: Ok.. hey wait a moment: what about using these to build a ""special edition""?
Guy#1: What?! People is not stupid here, no one would want to buy a mustang made from waste..
Guy#2: You're right, damn. HEY I HAVE AN IDEA!! Why not send these to some foreign market?? They never had Mustangs, so they won't bother about that and we made more money!
Guy#1:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:clap2::clap2:

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow

Guy#1:

latest?cb=20121215205341.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhcMsVaB0niPXI_8twQIR9yNVH1_OzjrAHOtJlx8lKSXjfepXI.jpg
This is exactly how I think we ended up with the ugly EU grilles in the first place as well :D Leftovers from less popular US models

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
This is exactly how I think we ended up with the ugly EU grilles in the first place as well :D Leftovers from less popular US models
I never thought about that, but now that you said, you are absolutely right!!

OP
OP
pardoneo

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lame.

The "Blue Edition" is just a standard car in Grabber Blue with the stripe kit from the options list, that can already be ordered every day of the week since April.

And the "Black Shadow" is a regular car with the blackout kit from the options list and the stripes from the California Special.

Looks like completely useless additions to the lineup to me. Why not bring the original California Special to Europe? That is at least a bit more special in terms of interior, grilles and badges.
As [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] says, maybe the Blue Edition Ecoboost can have the multispoke black rims (as the standard GT)...

Isn´t that ugly EU lower grille standard in all Performance Packages in USA?

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
As [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] says, maybe the Blue Edition Ecoboost can have the multispoke black rims (as the standard GT)...

yes and Yes...

also agreed with [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] smells like they're trying to drop all the stuff that wont make it to MY18 and has been over ordered.

Do people over this side of the forum even know who I am lol :lol::lol::lol::lol:

OP
OP
pardoneo

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes and Yes...

also agreed with [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] smells like they're trying to drop all the stuff that wont make it to MY18 and has been over ordered.

Do people over this side of the forum even know who I am lol :lol::lol::lol::lol:
You, like [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] and a bunch of others, are well known here in the EU / United Kingdom Forum (weird....two separate forums :lol: then do not rant later if you guys do not have Recaros or these special editions junk :D). Plus remember I helped you to figure out the shipping company back in February when our Stangs were on our way!!! :cheers:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You, like [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] and a bunch of others, are well known here in the EU / United Kingdom Forum (weird....two separate forums :lol: then do not rant later if you guys do not have Recaros or these special editions junk :D). Plus remember I helped you to figure out the shipping company back in February when our Stangs were on our way!!! :cheers:
Well yes, I know/remember you, pap and john!

God damnit, no recaro's, no drls, no sequentials, no power packs... give us what we want :(!

*Although, I do quite like my leather seats so wouldn't have cared for Recaro's ;)!

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
From what I remember, that ugly front lower grille is installed on mustangs with block heaters or active cruise control\pre-collision assistant. Now I can't remember if PP has these on default or are only included in some optional packages.

Well I hope that we are know for positive reasons :cool: - I just noticed that I have more than 2600 messages :eyebulge:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
From what I remember, that ugly front lower grille is installed on mustangs with block heaters or active cruise control\pre-collision assistant. Now I can't remember if PP has these on default or are only included in some optional packages.

Well I hope that we are know for positive reasons :cool: - I just noticed that I have more than 2600 messages :eyebulge:
11 months 'younger' than you and high 6,000. May explain mine.

Thought the grilles were PP US grilles, and some other things blasted into them. They're pretty pointless for our cars anyway.
Sponsored