Black roof - colour combos

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Auto, July build, Sept Arrival
Wondering if anyone could tell me whether the black roof on the Mustang is painted or a vinyl wrap?
My Mustang GT auto has been on order for just over a month now. But until I get a build date I can make changes. I never thought I would care, dream about all procrastinate over a colour of the car quite so much. I have ordered magnetic with saddleleather. But shouldn't I go from lightning blue? Or then again ruby red with a black roof??
If the black roof is a vinyl wrap, is that as good as a paint job? I've seen some rubbish Vinyl in the past
Cheers to all for your thoughts and info. Ta belly
Sponsored

DaveH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche, Tech Pack
Black roof on my GT350 is painted, so I'd assume it's the same on the GT too.

bennno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
550 Comp Orange
Black roof is painted, my car is CO but I originally saw it on a ruby red and that sold it to me.

Makes the car look sleeker somehow.... would def spend money on it as it is a nice feature thats unique to the car.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Don't forget the black roof from ford is £500 and not reversible. If you wrap it, it will be well under half that and you can then change your mind later.

Get it done at a reputable wrapping company and you won't be able to tell.
Personally I would go this route, actually thinking about getting it done at some point.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Thanks all. Do you know if you order the black roof does that need to be declared as a modification on insurance? An aftermarket wrap surely would and would increase insurance costs thereby negating any saving?!
Cheers

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Depends on your circumstances on how much your insurance would rise. But yes you should declare. You not planning any other mods? But again it's reversible so if you didn't like it you can remove which will obviously be a lot harder with a painted roof.

There is an argument that you should also declare the ford painted roof but that's an extremely grey area.

Sorry read your post a bit wrong, but hopefully you get the picture

OP
OP

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Depends on your circumstances on how much your insurance would rise. But yes you should declare. You not planning any other mods? But again it's reversible so if you didn't like it you can remove which will obviously be a lot harder with a painted roof.

There is an argument that you should also declare the ford painted roof but that's an extremely grey area.

Sorry read your post a bit wrong, but hopefully you get the picture
Cheers. Possibly will be looking at new exhaust. But genuinely just excited about getting the car. Will enjoy it and then make a change or two if the smile starts to wear off a little (but can't see that happening for a while):)

JB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback
On what grounds? It's done by the factory, so it's not a mod.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I think your supposed to declare anything that's not base spec. So if you have shaker, heated seats and sensors, you are supposed to declare them.
I don't think anyone actually follows this at all, as you can imagine with the German stuff the list would be endless.

Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think your supposed to declare anything that's not base spec. So if you have shaker, heated seats and sensors, you are supposed to declare them.
I don't think anyone actually follows this at all, as you can imagine with the German stuff the list would be endless.
I believe it depends on your insurance company, some want you to declare any options others don't.

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Modifications are classed as Anything that is carried out after the vehicle has been manufactured and delivered to an owner. Anything that is included as a option with the dealer and/or main manufacture is all ok with insurers as this has been carried out by the main makers of the car.

All aftermarket vehicle changes are classed as modifications as the insurers cannot confirm that these changes are carried out correctly.

JB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback
I believe it depends on your insurance company, some want you to declare any options others don't.
That doesn't make sense. When I buy a second-hand car, how am I supposed to know what was standard and what wasn't?

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

the azzurri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alberto
Vehicle(s)
v8 gt oxford white with black roof
Thanks all. Do you know if you order the black roof does that need to be declared as a modification on insurance? An aftermarket wrap surely would and would increase insurance costs thereby negating any saving?!
Cheers
no it doesn't need to be declared as it's factory done I've ordered my gt oxford white with black roof and when I get the log book it will say just that
Sponsored