Sponsored

Big Worm Graphix-How difficult to put on yourself?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Thinking of ordering a stripe kit from big worm graphix, dual gt350 style for my 2018.

has anyone installed these? are they difficult to do or fairly easy?

any info would be great!
Sponsored

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Thinking of ordering a stripe kit from big worm graphix, dual gt350 style for my 2018.

has anyone installed these? are they difficult to do or fairly easy?

any info would be great!
I had a little bit of experience installing vinyl and I forget who I bought my stripes from but I failed twice. I know it wasn't big worm.

My stuff was way too thin for someone who didn't have a ton of experience. If you mess it up that's money down the drain and I paid x2. Asked them for a discount on the 3rd and they flat out didn't respond. I'd pay someone

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I have had friends do it...with ease according to them and the results looked great.

But a man has to know his limitations...I would rather drive to Texas then attempt to do it myself as I know how it would look.....if I did it.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I did my own Big Worm stripes and it’s really not very hard and they turned out great. Just keep the surface wet and go easy with the squeegee to get any bubbles out. I’d never done it before.

The only caveat... I wasn’t paying enough attention to how hard I was pushing down on my roof with my elbows while working on the roof stripes and left some dimples. They came out completely with some dentless repair by a professional for $100, but I probably spent most of what I saved in labor right there.:headbonk: But I’m still glad I did it myself as I learned it’s not that hard.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Putting them on is easy. It’s getting them straight that is the hard part.

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have BigWorm stripes. Decided I wanted them done perfect and without a whole lot of swearing.......so I paid someone to do mine. Much less stress and probably a lot better result.

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
If you have messed around with vinyl a little bit I’d say go for it, but if not, have a professional do it. I did mine and it turned out great, but I have wrapped a few things before. It probably took me 5 hours to do my set, just working slow and constantly measuring to get everything straight.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Pros around here want $500+ to do it, which is crazy. I'd appreciate any tips since I'm definitely doing it myself so I'm in the same boat as the OP.

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Pros around here want $500+ to do it, which is crazy. I'd appreciate any tips since I'm definitely doing it myself so I'm in the same boat as the OP.
Watch a ton of YouTube vids before you do anything. If you have extra, do a few practice pieces with something around the house so that you know how much water/soap to use, how much heat, etc. One thing that was huge for me was hanging a laser level over top of my car. Made it super easy to keep a straight line going all the way down the car.

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have been adding graphics to my cars for close to 20 years. I did dual 10" wide over the top stripes on the Mustang.

You need an extra pair of hands for a big stripe like these. I used 1.5" wide masking tape down the center of the car to define the spacing. Especially on the hood you need to start in the middle and work toward the windshield and the bumper cover.

Use more dish soap in your spray bottle of water than the instructions say but not so much that it makes a soapy mess. This will allow you to take the stripe off and start again. They lay down well enough on the hood, roof, trunk and bumpers that no heat is required. Most importantly is to be patient. It took a buddy and I most of a full day to get them down to my satisfaction (no wrinkles).

[/URL][/IMG]

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
I use this solution to apply decals on business jets. I have also used it on nose raydome erosion boots so curved surfaces are not that hard to do. Take your time and if you are new at this use plenty of solution. Squeegee out the excess. If you don’t have a squeegee use a damp rag to work the bubbles out. If you have an area that’s not flat and has curvature you can use a heat gun but be careful not to burn the decal. Tiny bubbles can be pricked with a pin and worked out too.
. It will help a lot to lay the stripes or decals out ahead of time with reference marks made with painters tape or china marker.
I hope this helps someone

Decal solution in a spray bottle

75% Isopropyl Alcohol

24% water

1% dish soap
Sponsored

Last edited: