Better tires or wider wheels?

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
I wouldn't waste money putting better tires on a bad wheel unless you're really just in love with the current style. Ford factory wheels are unacceptably heavy. You can go much wider with a flow formed wheel and shave off a ton of weight at the same time.
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Slightly wider setup with wider nitto or hankook tires will get the job done. Let us kow if you need a quote

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I feel if you like the car and intend on keeping it for any length of time, you are better off with a nice set of rims (simple, respectable, flow-formed) paired with Summer tires.

19x10, +35, square, 283/35/19 would bolt right on and allow you to rotate the tires to boot. And that's only one option. Depending on your taste for fitment, you could easily find several more setups.

Michelin PS4s get nice reviews.

https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-pilot-sport-4-s?tyreSize=19

We've already got more ideas and feedback from Members and one vendor.

I realize it doesn't help you immediately, but both better-sized, lighter rims, paired with a set of summers is like 1+1 = 3, versus the tire-only option: 1.

While you're contemplating that, you can continue to save, check some sites and get feedback here.

Good Luck. :please: Once again, Welcome. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

bob6ggt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 gt
I feel if you like the car and intend on keeping it for any length of time, you are better off with a nice set of rims (simple, respectable, flow-formed) paired with Summer tires.

19x10, +35, square, 283/35/19 would bolt right on and allow you to rotate the tires to boot. And that's only one option. Depending on your taste for fitment, you could easily find several more setups.

I realize it doesn't help you immediately, but both better-sized, lighter rims, paired with a set of summers is like 1+1 = 3, versus the tire-only option: 1.

While you're contemplating that, you can continue to save, check some sites and get feedback here.

you make a lot of sense man.

OP
OP

bob6ggt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 gt
Quick question, will 20s affect the handling negatively if the car didnt originally come with the front strut tower brace ?

(Sorry I was at work idk why the hell I wrote front stabilizer bar)

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question, will 20s affect the handling negatively if the car didnt originally come with the front stabilizer bar?
your car came with both front and rear sways. Sounds like someone dicked with the car.

18 or 20's doesn't matter. it'll perform the same in the absence of the bar.

The problem with 20 is you tend to have to run shorter sidewall which in turn effects pothole absorption.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Quick question, will 20s affect the handling negatively if the car didnt originally come with the front stabilizer bar?
I run 20x10 in the summer. You have a front sway bar (or you should) so no, you donā€™t need to go larger unless youā€™re doing track days and feel that you need something bigger.

I run Continental Extreme Contact Sport, 285/35/20

IMG_2280.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP

bob6ggt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 gt

Would 19x10 48mm fit all around ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You'll need some spacers to back that down to a lot closer to 40. Because otherwise it will crash into shocks and other hard parts.

Shop for Ford wheels and stop looking at Nissan

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Someone with more experience would have to speak to this question.

On the rear, I'm comfortable a wheel of that size and offset would fit.

On the front though, +48, my thought is it would hit the strut. A spacer could be used though. But spacers on the front might require the use of a longer stud.

Edit: ^ See above. Thank You @shogun32

OP
OP

bob6ggt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 gt
You'll need some spacers to back that down to a lot closer to 40. Because otherwise it will crash into shocks and other hard parts.

Shop for Ford wheels and stop looking at Nissan
Lol , naw man I was looking at some American muscle pp2 reps. But yeah did more research and they only fit in the back of the car as you said. Thanks.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Go for the SVE SP2 if you like PP2 style wheels. Very happy with mine.
Sponsored