Sponsored

BEST canned 93 tune. GO!

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
I know this has been brought up before, but I want REAL opinions and biases. Bring them on! I'm so sick of claims about HP results from manufacturers that sound too good to be true. It's hard to tell what is really legit and what isn't. I'm just looking for a canned tune that supports a 93 octane tune. I had a DiabloSport on my SRT8 Charger and it transformed the car. It was night and day. I want to get one ASAP after I get my car. Do you have any personal dyno results that you can share? Even butt dynos. Lol. I'm just looking for honest feedback. Bring on the fan boys! Lol :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

50THPONY

Mustang Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
1988, 2004, 2015 Mustang GT's
This is the $1,000,000 question. I can tell you Steeda was unfreakingbelievable on the Gen. 1 Coyote. If you're going off Dyno numbers, the Gen. 2 Steeda tune isn't close to the others but I'd like to hear from people that have it and hear the pros and cons. Hopefully even someone that had it on a Gen. 1 and now Gen. 2 Coyote.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
The out of the box SCT X4 93 strategy tune made 403whp on my completely stock manual Gt at the time

OP
OP
ZIGZGT

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever run a dyno beforehand for comparison? Aren't they usually 370-380 hp at the wheels? That seems like a crazy gain.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Yup, car made 386whp stock. No tune with 93 octane.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZIGZGT

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome feedback. Thank you!

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I'm running a canned Sct tune and it seems very sluggish. Waiting too do the Lund or dyno tune after I get my headers. I think the torque management is acting up.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Sct and diablo are the only canned tunes. If your wanting a custom tune. Our lund custom tune is your best bet. Quickest na and power adder coyotes out there

OP
OP
ZIGZGT

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the most I'm ever planning on doing is just a tune and an exhaust, it seems to me that a custom tune would be overkill, wouldn't it?

Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Best for what OP?

Maximum peak HP... highest Torque... Best "useable" Mid-range... best gas Mileage... what are you looking for?

OP
OP
ZIGZGT

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best for what OP?

Maximum peak HP... highest Torque... Best "useable" Mid-range... best gas Mileage... what are you looking for?
Hard to say because I don't have my car yet! Lol. In my Charger it took away all the torque management, I increased my redline, and all the shifts were much faster. There was a noticeable gain in "butt dyno" horsepower and speed. I'm primarily looking for anything that increases overall power and reduction of any torque management there might be in the stock car. I'm assuming there is, even with the PP?

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
you can switch off Traction Control and Advance trac in the GT PP... so yes, management can be switched off. you can also have the governor pushed upwards so it is out of the way as far as MPH.

Again... useable power might be more mid range increase in HP/Torque... bench racing and perhaps drag racing is Peak. I am sure you know all this already.

OP
OP
ZIGZGT

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you can switch off Traction Control and Advance trac in the GT PP... so yes, management can be switched off. you can also have the governor pushed upwards so it is out of the way as far as MPH.

Again... useable power might be more mid range increase in HP/Torque... bench racing and perhaps drag racing is Peak. I am sure you know all this already.
What do you use (if any), and what are your results?

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
I use an off the shelf Lund Tune for "Stock" conditions. I didnt baseline prior (I still can do a baseline), and I have not done a dyno run since loading the tune, but the buttdyno tells me that it seems it's more geared towards midrange than peak.

Car Rev's faster and will pull way past redline but it seems slightly anemic in the upper range. I also had my governor raised out of range.
Sponsored