Sponsored

Base Model GT350R by year?

doublea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R - Triple Yellow
Officially there were only 135 Base R models built in total but Ford sometimes will release one of these pre-production Base R models from time to time therefore the total number of the Base R models available to the general public will continue to slowly increase over time.

A good example of a Base R pre-production model becoming available to the general public was when HR001 was turned back in and then sold through Manheim Auctions in Detroit therefore that adding another Base R which the general public now had access to.

After hearing about HR001 being turned back in I searched for that vehicle for about a month before a friend helped me locate that vehicle at a Ford dealership in the Midwest and they were selling HR001 as chassis # 3 based on the VIN ending in "0003" as they were not aware of the chassis plate sequence build on the passenger side dash.

Based on the high asking price and already having enough vehicles in my garage I decided to call a close friend after which time he purchased HR001 and even when the deal was done the dealership still thought they were selling chassis # "3".

I am aware of some other early pre-production Base R chassis numbers from the 2016 MY and the 2018 MY but just not sure if they have been released for sale to date and will keep a close look out for them?
What area in the Midwest? Are you at liberty to say who ended up with it and if we'll see it out and about?
Sponsored

doublea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As mentioned in my post I have really been through a lot of them over the past couple of years. I really liked my Heritage 500 (PP005) and put about 4000 miles on it. I had a chance to get a decent trade on one with 200 miles on it so I did that last fall. Having a PP car is cool but in my case the car I had was a "voice of the customer car" and Ford Engineers put about 8000 miles on it in a couple of months so it had some chips, scrapes, etc. so when the opportunity arose I traded it in. Over the past 1-2 years I've learned that I am not a collector even though I keep trying. That being said I sold the Grabber Blue R that was a (1) of (1) car. I like to drive my cars and that car was just too nice. Thought that I would get more into the car shows etc. so somewhere along the line I picked up the HEP R and the 65 Tribute (the most authentic tribute I have ever seen). Went to a few shows won best of show with the 65 and realized cleaning them up and talking about cars all day was cool but not really my thing either. I sold both of those cars. A few weeks ago I picked up a 2016 tri coat yellow R out in CA. The car is still out there and next week I am going to grab it and road trip to the Shelby Bash. So today I have GR260 Tri Coat Yellow R, GR302 Magnetic Base R and my 2022 GT500 Heritage. I have my eye on a black 2017 Base R so we shall see what is next.
Did you get your yellow R picked up? :)

EBTAGMOTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE R, 2022 GT500 PP HE, 2016 GT350BaseR
Sure did. Actually just got it home today. Had it shipped from Vegas. Had an awesome road trip from north of San Francisco to Vegas for the Shelby Bash. 860 miles thru Pebble Beach and Death Valley and some awesome Canyons.

IMG_8822.jpeg

IMG_8632.jpeg

IMG_8712.jpeg

IMG_8637.jpeg

IMG_8680.jpeg

IMG_8670.jpeg

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
WAIT WAit waitā€¦San Fran to MRY to LAS is only 600ish miles, how did you get to almost 900? Or was this mileage for your ā€œaccounting departmentā€œ and not for us schlubs šŸ˜‚

ā€¦Or did you complete the run to Julian Pie Co? full disclosure, I have driven that route more than once šŸ˜¬

doublea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car looks great @EBTAGMOTO ! What size Signature wheels and what's the suspension setup? Really like that stance.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
What area in the Midwest? Are you at liberty to say who ended up with it and if we'll see it out and about?
HR001 was purchased from Manheim Auctions by a Ford dealership in Indiana who then it sold it to a close friend of mine in the Southeast part of the U.S. and has resided there ever since.

I found it interesting that HR001 was the only pre-production Base R model produced for the 2017 model year and does get out once in a while but for the most part remains in climate-controlled storage with ~4,500 miles on the odometer.

HR001 - 4.jpg

HR001 -2.jpg

EBTAGMOTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
WAIT WAit waitā€¦San Fran to MRY to LAS is only 600ish miles, how did you get to almost 900? Or was this mileage for your ā€œaccounting departmentā€œ and not for us schlubs šŸ˜‚

ā€¦Or did you complete the run to Julian Pie Co? full disclosure, I have driven that route more than once šŸ˜¬
Just checked my pic I took on the Vegas Strip. Actually 810. Started in Santa Rosa. We went a lot further north in Death Valley also maybe thatā€™s why. Either way it was a great drive. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve been on Hwy 178 out of Bakersfield. What a blast. They were doing construction for a short area where they stopped traffic to let one side through then the other side. I was first to go when they opened it up. Probably one of the best drives Iā€™ve ever had in any of my 350/350R.

EBTAGMOTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Car looks great @EBTAGMOTO ! What size Signature wheels and what's the suspension setup? Really like that stance.
I believe standard 350R setup. 305/315 on 19ā€ for the wheels. Eibach springs, a bunch of BMR Stuff. It is lowered an inch for sure maybe 1-1/2ā€. The splitter scrapes everywhere. I just got it home yesterday. Iā€™ll get it up in the air tomorrow. I have all of the original stuff in boxes.

doublea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe standard 350R setup. 305/315 on 19ā€ for the wheels. Eibach springs, a bunch of BMR Stuff. It is lowered an inch for sure maybe 1-1/2ā€. The splitter scrapes everywhere. I just got it home yesterday. Iā€™ll get it up in the air tomorrow. I have all of the original stuff in boxes.
I wondered about the splitter, ha! I ordered a set of Steeda lowering springs for mine as I'd like to eliminate some of the tire gap but haven't been able to get myself to put them on for that fear. Illinois roads just aren't good.

Going to be a tough choice for you picking between the Grabber Blue and the Yellow now. :)
Sponsored