corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You forgot the tire diameter differences and effective gear ratios.
I can think of several more things past those and even make an reasoned estimate on their effect. But this thread isn't worth that much trouble any more.

Norm
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Cheaper just dropping the rear tire pressure to 24lbs & increasing the front tire pressure to 45lbs. Old drag racers trick.
I understand the reasons you'd do those tricks, and it's not because some experienced drag racer told me about them. The rear is a unique-to-drag-racing situation where more tire compliance can help more than any resulting non-uniform contact patch "pressure" hurts. Front should be obvious.

But they still have nothing to do with what a GT350 was chassis-tuned to be good at. Nor does at least one other drag racing trick that I'm aware of despite being less of a drag racer than most any forum member you're ever likely to "meet".

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Bozo, How can I be a troll, since I've had my Shelby since Nov 11/15?
With your persistence in discussing the GT350 in terms of 0 - 60 and drag racing oriented measures, it's been about all I've been able to do to avoid using that 't' word myself. Still trying, still just barely managing.

I should be glad that you could get a GT350, but what I keep reading here tells me that a GT with a 150 bigger number might have been more in line with your interests.

Norm

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
1.$$$$$$
2.Legit.
3.So why did the Ford Boys buy a new Ferrari as a template. LOL
4.That is why I have a 5yrs warranty until 2022.
5.Shelby crest on grill,dash,steering wheel...........

This is coming from a guy who think that tire pressure does not increase with heat.:headbang:
Where did I say that tire pressure doesn't increase with heat? If you drop STREET tires down to 24 psi, if you are getting enough heat into them to increase the pressure significantly at all, they've become slick and greasy and won't grip at all. Sounds like you haven't done any drag racing at all.

Ford: single intake, dual headers/exhaust, heavy crank, far greater displacement but lower power

Ferrari: dual intake, single exhaust, essentially 2 inline 4 cylinders sharing a common crank, different firing order, crank that is near 40% lighter, higher redline, much greater power

Yeah, such a Ferrari engine you got there, bro. :lol::headbonk::headbonk:

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
This is painful. I think I will go back into my garage where I'm converting mine from RWD to AWD, which should clearly get me to 60mph in about... mmm... 2.5 seconds. My kids are busy sanding all the paint off so I can shed a few pounds, 2 seconds here I come.

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
Where did I say that tire pressure doesn't increase with heat? If you drop STREET tires down to 24 psi, if you are getting enough heat into them to increase the pressure significantly at all, they've become slick and greasy and won't grip at all. Sounds like you haven't done any drag racing at all.

Ford: single intake, dual headers/exhaust, heavy crank, far greater displacement but lower power

Ferrari: dual intake, single exhaust, essentially 2 inline 4 cylinders sharing a common crank, different firing order, crank that is near 40% lighter, higher redline, much greater power

Yeah, such a Ferrari engine you got there, bro. :lol::headbonk::headbonk:
What no comment on #4 & #5.:headbonk:
I said "Ferrari style FPC with 8250 redline w/526hp" (I never said they were Identical.

I had a drag car for several years. Ford Falcon 4spd/5.13gears that ran 10.'s. :first:

What kind of drag car did you have?

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Computer modeling of millions of variations allowed for the 5.2’s brief development period leading up to production. But the unique crank was one of the few components that Ford physically prototyped in varying configurations before settling on the ideal setup for the GT350’s requirements: at least 100 horsepower per liter and 8000-plus-rpm operation, as well as a robust torque curve and reduced overall mass—all in a reliable, production package. The 5.2 satisfies those points, and it was benchmarked against one of the Blue Oval’s old rivals: Ferrari and its front-mounted, 4.3-liter V-8 in the previous-gen California.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)

Computer modeling of millions of variations allowed for the 5.2’s brief development period leading up to production. But the unique crank was one of the few components that Ford physically prototyped in varying configurations before settling on the ideal setup for the GT350’s requirements: at least 100 horsepower per liter and 8000-plus-rpm operation, as well as a robust torque curve and reduced overall mass—all in a reliable, production package. The 5.2 satisfies those points, and it was benchmarked against one of the Blue Oval’s old rivals: Ferrari and its front-mounted, 4.3-liter V-8 in the previous-gen California.
Yeah, it was benchmarked against the GT3 as well, and the Z28 too. They used the same style crankshaft, ever single other aspect about the engine is different lol

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
If the bickering keeps going, infractions and userid suspensions will be given. Please keep the discussion going without trolling and insults.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
If the bickering keeps going, infractions and userid suspensions will be given. Please keep the discussion going without trolling and insults.
SHUT"ER DOWN!!!! LOLOLOLO

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

But she punch first. Just kidding, no problem on my part.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.