Bama tune experience so far

OP
OP

mattdue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I got my tunes finally. The car doesn't want to run on their 93"race" tune. It surges and feels down on power. The e85 tune is way way fat. Car has afr's of 5.0 and 5.5. When with e85 that's super rich. I spoke with them and they may have sent my tunes out with the wrong I injector data. The person on the phone is unable to look at the tune they send you and see what was going on with it. I have another set of injectors coming and at cai. So we will see how it turns out.
Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
that was on 5/14/15. and I Emailed him back on 5/19/15. and I haven't heard back since.

I will screen shot my entire Email inbox and sent history! I even have all of my Deleted Email history as far back as April 24th! and I just checked them all and no such Email exists!
Hey Mike - Shot you another PM back - Double check your email on the 19th!

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I got my tunes finally. The car doesn't want to run on their 93"race" tune. It surges and feels down on power. The e85 tune is way way fat. Car has afr's of 5.0 and 5.5. When with e85 that's super rich. I spoke with them and they may have sent my tunes out with the wrong I injector data. The person on the phone is unable to look at the tune they send you and see what was going on with it. I have another set of injectors coming and at cai. So we will see how it turns out.
Hey Matt - Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Moving forward I'd like to get a datalog sent over and I'll speak with Bama right now to have that set up for you. The factory gauge will rad around 9 (afr) at idle/cruise and you should be seeing 8.5 at wot. For it to be reading so far off is a little confusing due to the factory wide bands basically ensuring commanded afr's are always achieved. The race tune for e85 will require some fine tuning just like any other tune and they should be able to clean this up for you quickly.

Alex

OP
OP

mattdue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hey Matt - Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Moving forward I'd like to get a datalog sent over and I'll speak with Bama right now to have that set up for you. The factory gauge will rad around 9 (afr) at idle/cruise and you should be seeing 8.5 at wot. For it to be reading so far off is a little confusing due to the factory wide bands basically ensuring commanded afr's are always achieved. The race tune for e85 will require some fine tuning just like any other tune and they should be able to clean this up for you quickly.

Alex
I already received my revised tunes and a response! I won't be able to datalog until i receive my intake from AM later in the week. I believe something was off in the tune. The 93r was for nitrous and on the motor the car surged and bucked at crusing speads. Factory afr gauge read 10.5 ish at wot. On the nitrous the car spuddered and cut out I'm assuming from too much fuel. I'll prob have the car on the dyno and have datalog sent over early next week. I understand the tuning game and the pains of having a brand new platform so hopefully with some correspondence we can get the car lined out.

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I already received my revised tunes and a response! I won't be able to datalog until i receive my intake from AM later in the week. I believe something was off in the tune. The 93r was for nitrous and on the motor the car surged and bucked at crusing speads. Factory afr gauge read 10.5 ish at wot. On the nitrous the car spuddered and cut out I'm assuming from too much fuel. I'll prob have the car on the dyno and have datalog sent over early next week. I understand the tuning game and the pains of having a brand new platform so hopefully with some correspondence we can get the car lined out.

Matt -Sounds good and it seems like you've done this before! Just like any car especially a brand new platform it will require datalogging. Bama will get you squared away!

Alex

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
ive looked at least a hundred time through my email.
Hey Mike - I heard you called in looking for me! Let me know how everything worked out with Bama!

Alex

xMAUIxxWOWIEx

"Always go full racecar"
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oz
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Well I am also getting the run around on a tune revision from a week ago. Why tell me you will have me the tune revision or some sort of update in four hours then don't bother to contact me for two days? Why did I wait a week for my initial bolt on tune? This is obviously a trend with the company. I am extremely upset that I am going to miss the dyno day on Saturday. I call every day and get the same answer. "You will have your tunes within 24 hours"

I am very frustrated, stop sugar coating please. I don't like having my hopes up to get a simple revision in three days then being lied to. Tell me straight up I'll be waiting two weeks if I am going to.

-Maui

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Well I am also getting the run around on a tune revision from a week ago. Why tell me you will have me the tune revision or some sort of update in four hours then don't bother to contact me for two days? Why did I wait a week for my initial bolt on tune? This is obviously a trend with the company. I am extremely upset that I am going to miss the dyno day on Saturday. I call every day and get the same answer. "You will have your tunes within 24 hours"

I am very frustrated, stop sugar coating please. I don't like having my hopes up to get a simple revision in three days then being lied to. Tell me straight up I'll be waiting two weeks if I am going to.

-Maui

Well that's no good! Shoot me a PM with your email/order and ticket number and I'm happy to speak with the Bama team to get this turned around in time for your dyno day.

Alex

Sponsored

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT

-Maui
Hey Maui-
I am really sorry to hear about the issues you are having....not the norm for us. DM me your information (cannot look it up by any info here) and we will be more than happy to look into this for you.

xMAUIxxWOWIEx

"Always go full racecar"
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oz
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Well with it being the weekend... I didn't receive my tunes, was contacted by a senior calibrator, told I have a vacuum leak... I searched and searched, sprayed brake cleaner, pulled vacuum lines and got nothing... Threw it on the dyno, ran the original nitrous tune they sent for a hundred shot... I had a bigger fuel jet on their so I ran a little rich. Pulled 446 with the nitrous and 377ish I believe without the bottle on... Something isn't adding up... More to come.
image.jpeg

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Well with it being the weekend... I didn't receive my tunes, was contacted by a senior calibrator, told I have a vacuum leak... I searched and searched, sprayed brake cleaner, pulled vacuum lines and got nothing... Threw it on the dyno, ran the original nitrous tune they sent for a hundred shot... I had a bigger fuel jet on their so I ran a little rich. Pulled 446 with the nitrous and 377ish I believe without the bottle on... Something isn't adding up... More to come.
If you need revisions or thought/was told there was a problem why dyno it let alone spray it? Anyway, hope you get it worked out.

SkattrBrane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Race Red
My experience with Bama is that you should stay far away and I will tell you why.

In 2015, my dealership got in a Mustang GT. The dealership contributes and has a lot of sponsorships to the local race tracks. It was decided that they would build a lightly modified Mustang to bring to the events and also show off at the dealership. We put in headers, borla exhaust, air intake, custom vinyl graphics, cat delete, interior details, etc... When it came to the tune, it was decided to use Bama. We went with the SCTX4 and it was required at the time to use an individual's name for the tunes for life program. We used the sales manager's name and never thought anything of it. We knew that we would be eventually turning the car over to a customer and even spoke to the people at Bama and told them this. We had Bama literature everyplace the car went and probably sent them dozens of customers.

Fast forward to end of 2015. The car went to a customer as we expected. He received the tuner that was married to the car that has BAMA plastered all over it. The customer decided he wanted to quiet the car down a little and was going to put cats back on, got some high flow cats and was ready to install. Called BAMA to see if a change in the tune was required and wouldn't even speak to us without spending another $150. We were dumbfounded. BAMA wouldn't even speak to us and were very insistent that it was either pay the $150 or find someone else to tune the car. VERY DISAPPOINTED! We will warn EVERYONE not to use BAMA and we discourage anyone who buys a mustang from us from using BAMA.

BamaSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, TT
My experience with Bama is that you should stay far away and I will tell you why.

In 2015, my dealership got in a Mustang GT. The dealership contributes and has a lot of sponsorships to the local race tracks. It was decided that they would build a lightly modified Mustang to bring to the events and also show off at the dealership. We put in headers, borla exhaust, air intake, custom vinyl graphics, cat delete, interior details, etc... When it came to the tune, it was decided to use Bama. We went with the SCTX4 and it was required at the time to use an individual's name for the tunes for life program. We used the sales manager's name and never thought anything of it. We knew that we would be eventually turning the car over to a customer and even spoke to the people at Bama and told them this. We had Bama literature everyplace the car went and probably sent them dozens of customers.

Fast forward to end of 2015. The car went to a customer as we expected. He received the tuner that was married to the car that has BAMA plastered all over it. The customer decided he wanted to quiet the car down a little and was going to put cats back on, got some high flow cats and was ready to install. Called BAMA to see if a change in the tune was required and wouldn't even speak to us without spending another $150. We were dumbfounded. BAMA wouldn't even speak to us and were very insistent that it was either pay the $150 or find someone else to tune the car. VERY DISAPPOINTED! We will warn EVERYONE not to use BAMA and we discourage anyone who buys a mustang from us from using BAMA.
I am very sorry to learn about the issues you experienced on the phone and I would love to get to the bottom of what happened. With that being said, we "talk" to anyone and everyone and our products, services or what is/is not tune required...even customers using competing products or none of our products at all. What we will not do is discuss specifics of account details, tune details or anything like that without the account owner verification to protect the security of the account holder and to keep the integrity of our FTFL program. We could have quickly and easily changed the account information and had the account owner add multiple contacts to the account.

Again, if there was any mix up or inconvenience we sincerely apologize.

DM your info if you would like to resolve what happened....
Sponsored