Sponsored

Bad battery?

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I store my 2015 in an unheated garage and haven't had a problem until this year. Previously i would start it up about every two weeks (always started right up) and let it run until normal oil temps. This winter has been a different story. Went out one day and it wouldn't turn over. Have had to put it on a charger atleast 4 times already and i noticed a "system off to save on power" message now every time i get in it. Never had this message before. My warranty runs out in April and not sure if this is a bad battery or a problem that i should get looked at while under warranty. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
bring the battery into Autozone or whatever and have them test it. If it's bad, replace it. If the harness is cooked, you're under warranty. No biggie. My bet is a bad batter, easy fix.

OP
OP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
bring the battery into Autozone or whatever and have them test it. If it's bad, replace it. If the harness is cooked, you're under warranty. No biggie. My bet is a bad batter, easy fix.
But why would the battery all of the sudden take a dump? Never had a problem with it until this winter. Car only has 15,000 on it.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
99% sure it's the battery. If you get more than 3 years on an OEM battery, then you're doing really well.

But why would the battery all of the sudden take a dump? Never had a problem with it until this winter. Car only has 15,000 on it.
That's typically how batteries fail. If you drive them every day, you might notice their starting power fading slightly over time, until it's too late and it won't crank at all.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Some batteries can go bad. The original battery in my 2007 Mustang GT only lasted a couple months. I thought something was wrong with the charging system. I bought a new battery and had no further problems. The original battery was made by Johnson Controls.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I lost my battery at about two years. Unbeknownst to me as it lives under the battery cover so it's not plainly visibly but mine wasn't the maintenance free battery you might be used to in a new car. It needed water added to it and by the time I have power problems all the cells were dry and refilling it and charging it was too late, it's was toast. Replace the battery and its been good to go ever since.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
I bought a new battery Friday night after finding mine totally dead after storage. Not even enough power to unlock the doors. I last started the car in January without issue. My storage unit did not allow my float charger which I normally use. In hindsight I should have pulled the battery out and brought it inside.

I was able to jump start the car one time at the storage unit and took a short drive, but after that it wouldn't start again, not even with a jump off another vehicle. Installed a new battery installed and it fired right up ever since.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Pretty sure I topped mine off with water a week or two after buying the car because it was low. That will make them wear out prematurely, at least that’s what my grand pappy used to tell me.

OP
OP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Ok, so i took it to Advance Auto and had it tested. Guy said it just showed needing a charge, and no bad cells or anything. Gonna give it a full charge and see how it acts. My 3/30 runs out next month so i am going to schedule an appointment to get it in before it runs out. Had an instance where my backup camera blacked out with some funky rainbow colors across the bottom. Kind of a pain because i'll have to take out my PMAS and reflash the stock tune, but it is what it is. Is the battery covered under the bumper to bumper, or am i being chincy? :D

EDIT to add - What battery did everyone choose as a replacement?

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I just replaced mine with an XSpower D4700

Much stronger 745 CCA, and an AGM to boot.I

40733159532_3ab444470a_c.jpg
20180311_132034 by chefjpd, on Flickr

OP
OP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Nice, but pricey. Are those all AGM?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I believe all XS are AGM.

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

40733159532_3ab444470a_c.jpg
20180311_132034 by chefjpd, on Flickr
That 745 is CA, not CCA. I would imagine the CCA would be closer to 600 but they do not list it. Would still be right at OEM levels. Looks like a pretty sweet battery. Will have to put it on the list when mine dies.
Sponsored