Sponsored

Bad A/C Compressor - '17 GT350 :(

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
I first started using the A/C about a month ago, having bought my GT350 in the fall and not previously having had to use it. I didn't notice it at first but over the next few weeks during acceleration and engine breaking the car had a noticeable whine coming from the engine. I didn't hear it so much from the cabin but with the windows rolled down it was pretty annoyingly loud.

After three trips to the dealer, they finally determined it was a bad AC compressor and needs to be replaced. Still waiting on a time frame for it to be delivered from Ford but really sucks not being able to enjoy this car my first summer having it.

Car only has 6,500 miles on it :(
Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
:( I've had to fix the AC a couple of times on both my GT350 and on the GT350R. Seems pretty common bro.

Just had it in this past week.

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:( I've had to fix the AC a couple of times on both my GT350 and on the GT350R. Seems pretty common bro.

Just had it in this past week.
Multiple fixes on both cars? I looked up the issue online and haven't seen anyone else with the same, at least no one has posted a thread about it. I hope it's not going to be an ongoing issue because the whine is pretty embarrassing when its at its worst,

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
That's why I got a base R ; )

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Multiple fixes on both cars? I looked up the issue online and haven't seen anyone else with the same, at least no one has posted a thread about it. I hope it's not going to be an ongoing issue because the whine is pretty embarrassing when its at its worst,
My car was doing exactly the same thing . Whining ac kicking in and out constantly. Dealer ordered compressor 3 weeks ago and still no sign of it. My valve seals just arrived though. They took over one year to ship.:ford:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car was doing exactly the same thing . Whining ac kicking in and out constantly. Dealer ordered compressor 3 weeks ago and still no sign of it. My valve seals just arrived though. They took over one year to ship.:ford:
I'd check with your dealer again.. Had mine ordered on Monday and apparently arrived at the dealer today.

On another note, there's a bunch of stuff getting fixed/done while its there. Fixing a number of fender alignment issues, installing a short throw shifter, resonator delete.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
The compressor, evap core, blower unit, and control unit have all been replaced on my 2016 GT/PP. I'm not sure if the compressor is the same, but I'd expect it probably is. I heard a loud bang, then the thing stopped cycling. It took them three days to fix, then another three for the evap core.

The evap core is a more prevalent issue, but I've seen several post from people with non-GT350s having compressor failure.

JR

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
That's why I got a base R ; )
Base R in Alabama! I'd need some sort of system not to sweat stain the driver's sest :lol:

Good Luck [MENTION=27185]Relak[/MENTION].

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Not much sweat going on when driving at HwY speeds. And! On track windows always down. Plus its good for exfoliation

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not much sweat going on when driving at HwY speeds. And! On track windows always down. Plus its good for exfoliation
Lol mine is a base 350 when I turn the A/C-Sync3 off... Plus 100 degree heat is still 100 degrees even at 70mph.. Not to mention the thrill of sitting in traffic in those temps, with only the A/C to save you.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Lol mine is a base 350 when I turn the A/C-Sync3 off... Plus 100 degree heat is still 100 degrees even at 70mph.. Not to mention the thrill of sitting in traffic in those temps, with only the A/C to save you.
I don't have traffic the few times I commute in the car. Any other driving occasion is for back roads and track time. Additionally, I have over 2k hours in a CH-47. Majority of my time in combat with 50lbs of gear on. Oh! and no A/C. Nothing but a thing. State of mind. If want plush comfort I can drive my wife's Audi or the family cruiser with 3 screens, blue-tooth, wif-fi, etc.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Mine is in the shop now for a new AC compressor. They expect to have one monday.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
The evaporator core in my GT350 went out after just one year of continuous use in tropical weather.

The replacement required removal of the entire dash and instrument panel. I'm concerned the replacement might have been from the same vendor.

Dealer said they've had multiple S550 evaporator core failures including in the GT350.

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The evaporator core in my GT350 went out after just one year of continuous use in tropical weather.

The replacement required removal of the entire dash and instrument panel. I'm concerned the replacement might have been from the same vendor.

Dealer said they've had multiple S550 evaporator core failures including in the GT350.
What were the symptoms? Mines going in tomorrow to get the compressor switched out. Dealer said it should drop straight out the bottom with the need to remove very few parts. Hoping that's the case.
Sponsored