Sponsored

B&O Play vs. Shaker?

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
I've read on the F150 forums that B&O is just sort of hype and not really all that much better than the Shaker system. Does anyone here know? Is anybody going to get this option?
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I've just got the stock 9 speaker and I hate it enough that I won't listen to music in this car. At least it has great clarity for calls and talk radio. Thankfully the engine sounds amazing with the exhaust valves.

I was keeping my eye on this however in case it would make a good OEM retrofit.

I haven't heard any factory system like a stock Porsche setup.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I like the 9 speakers, I'm not sure why a lot don't. It's pretty good for a stock setup, is it as good as audi and Mercedes $5k plus systems no way, but for a 30k car it's very nice.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I had B&O's in my BMW, one of the best sound system I ever heard. Really good clarity. You didn't have to turn the volume up to get it clear enough to hear instruments, etc.

I have no clue how B&O are going to be designed/tuned/engineered for the s550, but I am sure it will be better than the "SHAKER" system...

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I like the 9 speakers, I'm not sure why a lot don't. It's pretty good for a stock setup, is it as good as audi and Mercedes $5k plus systems no way, but for a 30k car it's very nice.
I actually think it sounds amazing for calls, news, podcasts and talk radio. But it's missing in the low range (and I like to tune my audio systems to a flat curve) where there is actually big holes in the sound. I think a small sub would be a big help in this setup.

My sticker price was close to $49K. I guess I'm judging on that, lol

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
IMO, The whole "Shaker" thing is kind of cheesy but I guess it's a bit par for the course with an American muscle car.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Not sure how it compares to Shaker but it definitely is much better than the Sony with sub in my Focus RS.

I suspect it is marginally better than the Shaker. At that price point it will not compare to custom systems that people spend big money on.

Nikujaga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I've read on the F150 forums that B&O is just sort of hype and not really all that much better than the Shaker system. Does anyone here know? Is anybody going to get this option?
I listened to the B&O system today. It has more substantial bass and greater detail, however it does not come close to what I have heard in cars with premium brands like Lexicon. I rate it 7.5 out of 10...good but not anything to marvel at. Harman bought B&O's automotive division, however I wonder how much tech and engineering skills went with the name.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
IMO, The whole "Shaker" thing is kind of cheesy but I guess it's a bit par for the course with an American muscle car.
Not sure what you mean by shaker thing...

I like my B&O. It’s 12 speakers and I think 1000 Watts. However I had the beats audio in my last 2 Chargers and man I wanted to love the system so much since it was an “upgrade” and it involved Apple and beats and bass... however it was PURE garbage. My challenger didn’t have an upgraded audio just the stock Alpine which was better (slightly) than my beats. I am impressed with my B&O @$900 it’s worth the upgrade cost.
Sponsored