Avg cost of S/C and install?

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just wanted a Avg cost for a super charger, install and tune.
Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
$1,925 in BR, LA with 2 dyno pulls and NO custom tune for a Whipple install. Whipple supplied the tune,

Last edited:

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
1.5 to 2K that is part of the reason I went with the Procharger. Installs are not cheap I may have to take it to a local shop to re-do my intercooler piping. Busted my knuckles pretty good over the weekend I can't grip a tool right now with that hand.

Foxracing19931

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
I paid around 1200 for my whipple install

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
$1500-2000.

if you are wanting a PD blower, save some time and shop labor rate and see if you can get the OPG/TG done at the same time since the intake has to come off for that too.

Sponsored

ColtonimusPrime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
1.5 to 2K that is part of the reason I went with the Procharger. Installs are not cheap I may have to take it to a local shop to re-do my intercooler piping. Busted my knuckles pretty good over the weekend I can't grip a tool right now with that hand.
Ha, me too! That plumbing, unfortunately, is a joke. Especially with the red race valve. We'll see how I did when I get to the WOT pulls of my tune.

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ha, me too! That plumbing, unfortunately, is a joke. Especially with the red race valve. We'll see how I did when I get to the WOT pulls of my tune.
Only thing that really bothers me about the kit is you have to cut the tubing to make it fit. It should come cut to the correct sizes already. I am adding the red race valve but letting a shop do that part.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Only thing that really bothers me about the kit is you have to cut the tubing to make it fit. It should come cut to the correct sizes already. I am adding the red race valve but letting a shop do that part.
Which one you all having trouble with? The head unit to the IC? That was the one I thought was most difficult. Windex is your friend!!

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Which one you all having trouble with? The head unit to the IC? That was the one I thought was most difficult. Windex is your friend!!
Cutting the one that goes to the exhaust port of the head unit. Then fitting the elbow from the exhaust tube that you cut into the piece going to the inter cooler. Just feel they should be the proper length without cutting it.

The intake of the head unit was not easy but just used a lot of silicone spray and it went on after about 15 minutes of fighting it.

ColtonimusPrime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Cutting the one that goes to the exhaust port of the head unit. Then fitting the elbow from the exhaust tube that you cut into the piece going to the inter cooler. Just feel they should be the proper length without cutting it.

The intake of the head unit was not easy but just used a lot of silicone spray and it went on after about 15 minutes of fighting it.
Yep. That's exactly it. The outlet elbow from the head unit and the inlet trying to squeeze in between the red valve. The cold side piping was pretty much perfect out of the box. I'm definitely going to try and find a shop that can do something about the placement of the red valve as I'm not happy with how tight the fit is at the moment.

Sponsored

ColtonimusPrime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
But to the OP, other than the plumbing, the rest of the install on the PC kit is rather straight forward and easy. So it might be worth it to try and tackle it yourself. I heard the paxton/vortech isn't much harder either. If you're going to go centri anyways.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
True...I was quoted $800 for my PC install which I did myself. I would probably tackle a Whipple also if I had choose a PD style SC. The Roush would have been more intimidating because of the needed grinding. My Ford dealer had quoted me $2300 for labor on that install.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Just wanted a Avg cost for a super charger, install and tune.

Come on up to NC! We're doing free installs on a VMP purchase for the month of August. And for those who purchase a whipple kit from us we always charge a flat 500.

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
Do it yourself for free. The Whipple install is so easy a baby could do it.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT

I was always going to install my own but asked a few shops in conversation about the OPG/Crank Sprocket and it was about $1000 in both cases for install.

I just did mine this weekend and it took me about 10 hours with lots of experience with Whipple installs and removals on 03 Cobras. Hopefully I got all the vacuum connections right as I have the GT350 intake manifold and it isn't exactly the same as the directions for the stock manifold but I'm pretty sure it is right. I agree the amount of cutting is a bit over the top for blower exit elbow. I imagine they use the same hose for multiple applications and save money by leaving it to you to cut it (just a guess but all and all that wasn't too bad. I had one hell of a time getting the intake side to the head unit to bolt up tight and stay put. I bet I fought that thing for an hour and still am not 100% sure it is going to stay there. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the lip on the blower inlet cannot be 2X longer. That worm clamp doesn't fit too well up against the blower's contour either.

Sponsored