Sponsored

Available aftermarket mods

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Any ideas on how long it could be after launch of the 2015 that the after market groups will take to have "Cold Air Intakes" ready and waiting?
Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Day of, I expect. That's the whole point of SEMA's development programs, to give aftermarket suppliers access to the new vehicle designs so that parts are ready at the time of launch. FRPP will, if nothing else, have a variety of things in the bag I'd bet. I think you can count on the S550 being the darling of the SEMA show this November...

Leeky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG
I'm hoping that the Cobrajet intake will fit under the S550 hood...

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Any ideas on how long it could be after launch of the 2015 that the after market groups will take to have "Cold Air Intakes" ready and waiting?
Each of the new engines will already have a cold air intake. As mentioned above, a number of companies have participated in a measurement session recently, so it would be likely we would see other options by the time the cars are generally available.

I suspect Ford Racing will have the early lead, also mentioned above.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I think CAIs are not nearly as beneficial as they used to be, other than for looks. I want to see real world results from unbiased sources before I would consider spending money on one. Dave Pericak himself said that CAIs aren't really of much benefit on the Mustang anymore...

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I think CAIs are not nearly as beneficial as they used to be, other than for looks. I want to see real world results from unbiased sources before I would consider spending money on one. Dave Pericak himself said that CAIs aren't really of much benefit on the Mustang anymore...
I don't think of them as "cold" air intakes any more. More of a "free-flowing" intake or "increased air flow" intake.

And you are correct I wish the aftermarket intake makers would list their flow numbers in cfm as compared to the stock intake. This would let you know which had the most potential for HP gain.

Of course the manufacturer is going to say that they don't do anything, they want you to replace with their product, not another company.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Aftermarket tuning won't be ready at launch as the tuners need to crack the PCM first.
A good point as well. Just cramming more air in doesn't necessarily mean more HP/TQ anyway. Tuning for that increased air flow is the way to go. :)

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
Parts for the motor are all ready out. Its just a matter of fitting them on the new chassis. The only thing that might take a bit will be headers and the rest of the exhaust.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Parts for the motor are all ready out. Its just a matter of fitting them on the new chassis. The only thing that might take a bit will be headers and the rest of the exhaust.
The intake set-up has been redesigned on the 2015 GT engine because of the underhood and engine compartment packaging. I don't think it is as easy as connecting parts. Also, there is enough change in intake manifold that I also think it is not just a matter of putting on existing parts for the '11-'14 model years.

Ford Racing Performance Parts is currently only advertising for 2014 and lower model years.

Sponsored

CMcNam

Sheepdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The car has not even been test driven yet, why are people asking about mods? We don't even know what it will need. This is coming from a guy who loves to mod cars, but why ask about a CAI if you don't even know if it will be useful? You are basically asking "how can I waste my money?"

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
The car has not even been test driven yet, why are people asking about mods? We don't even know what it will need. This is coming from a guy who loves to mod cars, but why ask about a CAI if you don't even know if it will be useful? You are basically asking "how can I waste my money?"
There are ALWAYS performance tweaks to be made. Some of us like to modify our cars jeesh. :headbonk:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
There are ALWAYS performance tweaks to be made. Some of us like to modify our cars jeesh. :headbonk:
There's a big difference between modding your car and throwing money at it. There is zero point in thinking about mods at this particular moment in time.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
There's a big difference between modding your car and throwing money at it. There is zero point in thinking about mods at this particular moment in time.
Oh there is every reason to be THINKING about them, there is zero point in BUYING something at this time. ;)

CMcNam

Sheepdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I know, I said that I am one.

This. I'm not saying DON'T modify it, I'm just wondering the logic behind asking about mods for a car that we don't even have the horsepower numbers for, much less any idea what is and is not restricting the performance of it.
Sponsored