Sponsored

Auto-blip for manual transmissions

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14189

Anyone have any information on these? How well they work? Other companies that offer them? Effectiveness? Id be very interested in this. I can't find anything online and the website in the link is only saying "under construction".
Sponsored

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn, nobody?

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I'd looked into these before for my last car. If it's the unit I think it is, it basically runs wires to the brake and clutch switches, and to the throttle. Then you adjust on the little unit to how aggressive of a blip you want when you press the brake followed by clutch.

Reviews on them were mixed... since it doesn't know what gear you're in, it's always applying the same amount of blip so it's not a perfect rpm match up for every gear. Some people said they got used to it and loved it, others said it was just a pain and they could never dial it in to their liking and just got rid of it.

If it was me, I'd try to find someone who has it in a manual car and see how you like it first. Or if not too concerned about money and time to install, just pop it in and see how it goes. Can always just take it out if you don't like it and re-sell it...

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't sure if it was a dummy unit like you said or not. That kind of sucks. Anyone aware of any other units like this?

Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
I have this feature on my Legacy GT, it's a software patch as all the hardware is already there.

You already have;

1. Sensor on the clutch to disengage the cruise control.

2. Sensor on the brake to light the rear brake lights.

3. Drive by wire control of the throttle by the ECU.

Software tells the ECU to blip the throttle for 0.4 sec when the clutch is engaged after the brake and the RPM is above 3000 (for example).

Particularly useful if only activated in Track mode as it can be a pain in traffic.

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Good point. Why have none of the aftermarket tuners developed this into one of their re-flahes? I'd certainly pay to get it.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
The tune I had for my FRS had this added in.

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what triggers it? Depressing the clutch? im just wondering if it does it on up shifts as well. I don't see how it couldn't, unless it uses the VSS or TPS to detect whether you're accelerating or decelerating?

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Because it relies on a sequence of events. It will only work if it detects both the clutch and brake. In theory you should never be on the brakes when accelerating so it won't blip.

Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Because it relies on a sequence of events. It will only work if it detects both the clutch and brake. In theory you should never be on the brakes when accelerating so it won't blip.
Nuh, uh! Brake boosting when roll racing!:headbonk: