Sponsored

August 2016 Mustang Sales - 8,299

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Word on the street is they'll be using the new Alfa Romeo Guilia platform for those to save 400+ lbs.
'bout time that overweight pig (the Challenger) went on a diet...

Fiat Chrysler is really ticking me off, though, by making the USA a showcase for their Italian auto platforms. They're practically pile driving what little of Chrysler remains into the ground by killing off all native Chrysler-designed cars :brokenheart: P.S. It doesn't work. I don't think the Dodge Dart worked out quite like they had hoped for...although a coupe version would have appealed to the performance crowd a little better. Unless you're Subaru, you just can't get away with cramming 4 doors down the throats of those of us who want a performance car ;)
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Chevy increased the MSRP for 2017, $605 across the board, some were a bit higher. Today they announce the $1000 MSRP drop for LT and SS Vert. Essentially putting them right back where they were in 2016 but now with a sleazy "For Sale" gimmick.

The Camaro is price locked and that pretty much confirms a "Sitting Duck". The base cars are free now to simply maneuver around the slim performance gap. There is an MGTR still coming, the parts have started to hit Ford Performance.

It is interesting to see it unfold though. A very unfortunate design error and poor platform choice for a performance car. Never go over 108 between the wheels. Why the Mustang has more room in the back seat at 107 inches is called design efficiency. They got the structure lighter for less money and there's no where really let to go. The Corvette is a better, faster option.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Unless you're Subaru, you just can't get away with cramming 4 doors down the throats of those of us who want a performance car ;)
In the sub-$40K range maybe. I could probably list a dozen 4-door performance sedans I wouldn't hesitate to trade my GT for. Hello M3!

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Chevy increased the MSRP for 2017, $605 across the board, some were a bit higher. Today they announce the $1000 MSRP drop for LT and SS Vert. Essentially putting them right back where they were in 2016 but now with a sleazy "For Sale" gimmick.

The Camaro is price locked and that pretty much confirms a "Sitting Duck". The base cars are free now to simply maneuver around the slim performance gap. There is an MGTR still coming, the parts have started to hit Ford Performance.

It is interesting to see it unfold though. A very unfortunate design error and poor platform choice for a performance car. Never go over 108 between the wheels. Why the Mustang has more room in the back seat at 107 inches is called design efficiency. They got the structure lighter for less money and there's no where really let to go. The Corvette is a better, faster option.

That ought to help sales. $1000 of a already overpriced convertible is laughable :lol:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
A Camaro convertible, overpriced or not, is the only Camaro you can see out of, providing the top is down. It must be really expensive as I've never seen a new one on the streets.

I was looking at one at my local dealer a v6 with very few options it was 45k my 15 Ecoboost premium convertible with 50 year appearance package a6 and nav was $39.340 before x plan and incentive's.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I was looking at one at my local dealer a v6 with very few options it was 45k my 15 Ecoboost premium convertible with 50 year appearance package a6 and nav was $39.340 before x plan and incentive's.
$45k for a v6? Bitches be trippin.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
They're expensive. I know Matt and his partner drove one on the Smoking Tire recently. It was a 2SS convertible and it was stickered @ 54k... That was his main gripe about the car. At that point why not just get the removable top corvette.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
They're expensive. I know Matt and his partner drove one on the Smoking Tire recently. It was a 2SS convertible and it was stickered @ 54k... That was his main gripe about the car. At that point why not just get the removable top corvette.
Which goes back to my impression of the Camaro: not a proper Pony Car... but rather an inferior version of the Corvette.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
And you can put all your stuff in the trunk to :thumbsup:
My favorite thing, and why I believe the Camaro Vert is really built to a small market, it is not a car that could reasonably used as a DD, more a weekend cruiser. I am sure it is fast, but there are a few things that would make it completely unlivable. My father-in-law had a Z4 for a little while and he had to put his golf clubs in the passenger seat because his trunk was so pathetic. I see the Camaro the same way, good for a few loaves of bread, but anything longer that you cannot fold would be impossible to put in the trunk. I carry my golf clubs almost full time, along with work bags, lunch, occasionally my kid's karate bags and football gear. Never have had a problem with the space in the trunk.

Because of these shortcomings, even if the Camaro was price competitive, or lower in price, I would still not be able to justify it. I have to have a car that I can live with, and the trunk is one of the first things that I look at to determine that. I really literally laughed when I looked at the Camaro's trunk, even in the coupe version, it was unlivable. In the Convertible it was a joke. If i were buying a toy, then those things become less important (but do not disappear), but if I am buying a car to use then they are critical. Most people buy cars to use.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Another thread on why we should take pride in the fact that nobody want's our car from the Camaro boys! I love the entertainment those kids provide. If they wanna see a lot of Camaro's all they have to do is visit the dealer lots.:doh::D:lol:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466555
Sponsored