Sponsored

At the dealership service department :-/

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
So I'm at the service department on a first visit for some issues with the car.
Slight clunk when going in to gear, worst at 1st 2nd and 3rd
A piece of stitching on te passenger dash coming loose
The leather on my seats fitting loosely, wrinkled on the bottom portion and really loose on the back bolsters.
A body alignment issue where the good looks a bit crooked.

Any similar experiences for what the dealerships have done to fix these/similar things with you guys?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh and the car only has 700 miles.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Oh and the car only has 700 miles.
You should fix anything you can yourself, Ford will just make a bunch of excuses on those items.... Service departments are not what they once were, where they had people who knew how to fix just about anything, and service writers are piss poor, they don't know anything!

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
It seems like most of the pp cars have the ''thud''. Mine does too. I recently installed the Steeda shifter bracket (NOT THE TRANS BUSHING) and it took like 90 percent of it away. It made a big difference. Oh yeah....Ford will tell you this is normal :)

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you mind sending me a link of the bracket you're referring to?

Sponsored

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
I would say definitely take it into the dealer for any issues or concerns.. and here's why...Although frustrating as issues are and when it isn't fixed on a first visit per say, it is and will be documented as a concern to Ford. Which means it gets the engineers attention and allows them to know there are problems out there otherwise if you don't come in they will think everything is fine. Also the dealerships are not allowed to modify or engineer fixes without proper authorization from Ford like a Tsb,recall,etc they are only allowed to fix it to the point it came out of the factory...So if the customer at least lets the concern be known it starts a chain reaction to get a fix found then the engineers relay the fix to the dealer then they get the car fixed and the customer happy. People do like to harp on the dealer but they must make Ford happy AND the customer happy which is a difficult task. So find a good dealer.. get on a personal level with them and believe it or not the good dealers do want your business and want that relationship...my 2 cents anyway...

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I would say definitely take it into the dealer for any issues or concerns.. and here's why...Although frustrating as issues are and when it isn't fixed on a first visit per say, it is and will be documented as a concern to Ford. Which means it gets the engineers attention and allows them to know there are problems out there otherwise if you don't come in they will think everything is fine. Also the dealerships are not allowed to modify or engineer fixes without proper authorization from Ford like a Tsb,recall,etc they are only allowed to fix it to the point it came out of the factory...So if the customer at least lets the concern be known it starts a chain reaction to get a fix found then the engineers relay the fix to the dealer then they get the car fixed and the customer happy. People do like to harp on the dealer but they must make Ford happy AND the customer happy which is a difficult task. So find a good dealer.. get on a personal level with them and believe it or not the good dealers do want your business and want that relationship...my 2 cents anyway...
I agree with bringing it in, especially for all those with common issues like the headlight rattle. After about 100+ dealers fix the same problem, maybe someone higher up will take notice.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I know you described the noise as a clunk but I wonder if that's the same noise that I describe as a THUD. Anyways, someone from Ford contacted me because I did a survey online. He said that the THUD noise is a normal characteristic for this car but it's not something that is going to cause a malfunction. He explained why the car makes that noise but I forgot. Good luck with you car.

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i called customer care for ford, the guy opened a case and documented what myself and the stupid ass sales manager said. He suggested applying an adhesive to hold the fender in to place (where front drivers side fender meets the front bumper) Then he said we may need to wait until the seats get torn up more before trying to get it fixed. No way. The corporate rep documented all of that, all the issues, and gave me a case number. He said if i visit a different dealership and get the runaround again, then at that point it would get raised to the regional manager. He basically said that after making a reasonable amount of visits, then corporate would step in to get the issues resolved.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
i called customer care for ford, the guy opened a case and documented what myself and the stupid ass sales manager said. He suggested applying an adhesive to hold the fender in to place (where front drivers side fender meets the front bumper) Then he said we may need to wait until the seats get torn up more before trying to get it fixed. No way. The corporate rep documented all of that, all the issues, and gave me a case number. He said if i visit a different dealership and get the runaround again, then at that point it would get raised to the regional manager. He basically said that after making a reasonable amount of visits, then corporate would step in to get the issues resolved.
Noooo. :tsk:

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
It seems like most of the pp cars have the ''thud''. Mine does too. I recently installed the Steeda shifter bracket (NOT THE TRANS BUSHING) and it took like 90 percent of it away. It made a big difference. Oh yeah....Ford will tell you this is normal :)
How much of a pain was the install? I have the trans bushing as well that's not installed yet.

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I work on corporate jets, the kind corporations countries and billionaires buy to impress their guests and potential customers and foreign diplomats. I pay very close attention to details, and gaps bother me. Step and gaps are huge no nos in my book. And so are shoddy repairs.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So I'm at the service department on a first visit for some issues with the car.
Slight clunk when going in to gear, worst at 1st 2nd and 3rd
A piece of stitching on te passenger dash coming loose
The leather on my seats fitting loosely, wrinkled on the bottom portion and really loose on the back bolsters.
A body alignment issue where the good looks a bit crooked.

Any similar experiences for what the dealerships have done to fix these/similar things with you guys?
Hey Br725,

Please PM your VIN or case number. I'll take a look and get this escalated to a regional customer service manager. :thumbsup:

Jeff

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Started getting bubbling on my dashboard pads, service manager said they will likely replace the dash as well. Also have a few more gender issues. Once regional got involved things got taken a little more seriously. It's impossible to get mike on the phone from regional, but the staff on here have been very helpful. Let's hope all works out ok :-/