Sponsored

As many have predicted…

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Wages will never keep pace with 8% inflation. Prices went up so much in the last couple years - of course wages will follow. I don't think you will see most people getting raises that fully compensate for the change - not for a long time. Right now you're more likely to see layoffs and other cuts like Microsoft and Google recently went through. McDonalds pays more than expected because it's tough to find people who really want to work there.

We were getting into good wage increases without the high inflation right before COVID was released. But that's all gone now.

I was fortunate to buy my 2017 before the increases. I wanted a Mach, but I didn't want to pay double for it compared to my used vehicle. I could have gotten it a little cheaper, but not a lot. Now new Mustangs are so expensive that they don't seem like a good value any more when I compare to what I paid for my GT.
For sure, i paid $32k in march 18 for my 17 gt pp1…NEW…

cadbane5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang
i paid 36k for my 2018 in november of 2018. gotta a hell of a deal

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, we've ridden a nice wave of value holding with these cars. Seemed like for a while there they just weren't ever gonna depreciate. But we all knew the day would come eventually. I like my car too much to part with it, so I don't really care. Also worth considering that Mustang sales are always slow in winter months since they aren't considered practical year round by pretty much everyone. Apply the economy shitting out on top of that and it's not very surprising.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah, we've ridden a nice wave of value holding with these cars. Seemed like for a while there they just weren't ever gonna depreciate. But we all knew the day would come eventually. I like my car too much to part with it, so I don't really care. Also worth considering that Mustang sales are always slow in winter months since they aren't considered practical year round by pretty much everyone. Apply the economy shitting out on top of that and it's not very surprising.
Yes the last couple years were nice for trading your lightly used vehicle for something new. I got an amazing trade on my Fiesta ST, which made it a lot easier to get into the GR86. I probably would have gotten a Mach or a GT350 as well in trade for my 2017, but Mustang prices were/are still too high in my opinion.

Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
You boys crack me up!

Perhaps we should ask the mods to start a new sub forum entitled “Macroeconomic Theory” so y’all could display your scholarly chops without decimating a simple little thread about Mustang prices.

Could you make a case that this display of verbosity is related? Sure. But I’d say only in an obtuse way that sails right over the head and attention level of those interested in the OP.

Ahhh, but such is the internet, right?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey you started yet another thread that already dealt with the topic, instead of continuing the previous one(s) so this is how we deal with people who can't/won't look back at forum history to see if maybe they were late to the party. 😀

mustang810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP, 2018 Stinger GT2
I was expecting used car prices to come down in 2024 at some point. There are a few new 22 Mach 1's near me that I have been watching and they are dropping also to low 60's To the point they are about what I paid for my 22 GT. Oh well. I can afford the extra 7k I paid over MSRP. Hurts a bit though not going to lie. I have seen my exact car that is used 2-3 years old for 15-20k less. But I wanted a brand new Mustang.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
A McDonald’s near me was advertising 22 hr starting. My personal belief is we are entering a wage spiral. That’s a good thing for the working class.
This is not good for the working class, I no longer can afford McDonalds.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
This may have been posted elsewhere (in which case apologies), from Ford Authority, the Mustang is experiencing one of the largest used car price drops:

https://fordauthority.com/2023/01/ford-mustang-among-top-used-cars-with-largest-price-drops/amp/

What a difference a few months makes. Last year a dealer offered to buy my Mustang for a few thousand more than I paid for it - 7 years ago!!!! (It’s a 2015 GT, immaculate, with only 10k miles). Now it would probably bring over 50% less.

Good thing I had, and have, no plans to EVER sell it. Especially after seeing the S650 abomination of an interior (not so thrilled about the exterior either). I’ll be buried in my car.

If you’re selling a car to buy another one, the only thing that matters is the bottom line, the difference between what you get for selling vs. what you pay to buy. Where you end up on that equation will depend on many factors. Falling prices might work out to a better net deal.

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
yea, it’s been posted. Should be no surprise, before 2020 Mustangs had a huge depreciation hit in the first 12 months.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
yea, it’s been posted. Should be no surprise, before 2020 Mustangs had a huge depreciation hit in the first 12 months.
Yes, as the OP in this very thread.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
85 Mustang GT, 2019 Audi A4, 2023 MCS, 2004 BMW Z4
Cars and motorcycles have been my true hobby/passion since I got a license. I also love traveling with the wife, just so happens I can use those cars and motorcycles to accomplish this. I have a new mustang on order, wish I had kept my 21 GT because now I’m going to pay more in interest, but…its only money. I can afford the life I desire while still preparing for retirement so why not 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored