Sponsored

ARH Headers - emailed them..

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
This is what I got back:
"Jonathan we will have systems up to 2" available. Our headers for the 2014 are already a perfect fit for the 2015. Ford Racing already ran 11's with a 2015 with our headers. We're trying to locate a car to finalize the rest of the system. Hasn't been easy in the NY area. Not sure where you're located but if you're close enough to get your ride to us we'll glad work a great deal for you.
At the very least I expect to have complete systems available in a few weeks. Thanks for inquiring.

Sincerely,
Nick Filippides
Owner/Operator
American Racing Headers"

So at least we know the headers themselves are interchangeable. Good to know for you lucky folks who have yours!
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
This is what I got back:
"Jonathan we will have systems up to 2" available. Our headers for the 2014 are already a perfect fit for the 2015. Ford Racing already ran 11's with a 2015 with our headers. We're trying to locate a car to finalize the rest of the system. Hasn't been easy in the NY area. Not sure where you're located but if you're close enough to get your ride to us we'll glad work a great deal for you.
At the very least I expect to have complete systems available in a few weeks. Thanks for inquiring.

Sincerely,
Nick Filippides
Owner/Operator
American Racing Headers"

So at least we know the headers themselves are interchangeable. Good to know for you lucky folks who have yours!
the headers may be with their shorter design, but the mid pipe will not be.

I know when I tt stainless works, the full length headers had to be reworked

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT

2" primaries on a 302 header? Awesome but overkill for the 99% lol.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
2" primaries on a 302 header? Awesome but overkill for the 99% lol.
standard headers aren't 2" on any of these cars

1 3/4 to 1 7/8 in general

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to try the 2"

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
your really need to be making big power for 2" headers

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What is the diameter of the exhaust port on the head?

96Mustang460cid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT w/ PP

Do you mind elaborating on this, if possible? Did a single tube need modified or did the entire side need redone?

Have a good day!
Michael

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
your really need to be making big power for 2" headers
I do apologize I am sure you have years of hours of experience on the subject but reading that reminds me of the time I was looking to buy a Kenne Bell S/C for my Cobra and everyone kept saying get the small one don’t run the 2.8L it is too big for your engine and then everybody started buying the 2.8L and running them with zero issues (unless they didn’t tune it correctly of course).

Gudz2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I do not know much about this subject but from what everybody says it seems like you have to have a lot of back pressure or some back pressure depends on who you talk to. Maybe if you run some 3 inch cats it would help out with some of the back pressure and if you make some serious horsepower and get rid of the cats these headers will help out in the long run. And I bet two inches is a lot better on the heat dissipation. Heat kills performance pretty fast.

Sponsored

tallboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt performance pack
I do apologize I am sure you have years of hours of experience on the subject but reading that reminds me of the time I was looking to buy a Kenne Bell S/C for my Cobra and everyone kept saying get the small one don’t run the 2.8L it is too big for your engine and then everybody started buying the 2.8L and running them with zero issues (unless they didn’t tune it correctly of course).
Larger primaries means lower exhaust gas velocities which means less of a scavenging effect. You should only go with larger primaries if you are moving larger volumes of air fast.

Tim 2015GT

Fanatic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack
Wait wait wait........ So what you all are saying is my 2011 GT headers will fit on my 2015 GT with no issues???

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Larger primaries means lower exhaust gas velocities which means less of a scavenging effect. You should only go with larger primaries if you are moving larger volumes of air fast.
Your exhaust system is designed to evacuate gases from the combustion chamber quickly and efficiently. Exhaust gases are not produced in a smooth stream; exhaust gases originate in pulses. A 4 cylinder motor will have 4 distinct pulses per complete engine cycle, a 6 cylinder has 6 pules and so on. The more pulses that are produced, the more continuous the exhaust flow. Backpressure can be loosely defined as the resistance to positive flow - in this case, the resistance to positive flow of the exhaust stream.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the 11-14's are not a direct bolt in on long tube headers

I am not sure if the kooks mid lengths are the same, and just the mid pipe needs changed or not
Sponsored