Sponsored

Are we in trouble?

RoryTate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
There will always be faster cars, the question should be how much more are you paying for it?
Sponsored

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
And anybody who will blast a car for being FWD without actually looking into the Type Rs are fools. This is the car that set the FWD record at the Ring. These cars have come a long way, and the Type R should be exciting. That said, it's a 2018 MY vehicle released in 2017.

And the GT86 twins have been "turbo coming soon" since early concept. Never gonna happen.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Let's go back 20 years. The fastest stock civics were faster than the stock V6 Mustang. Nothing has changed relatively speaking. The EB is the entryish level Mustang. If your ego can't handle a faster Civic then either mod or get a GT.

I for one an not concerned. As mentioned above, have you seen one?

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
the civic could have a million HP and torque...id still never be caught dead sitting in one.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
the civic could have a million HP and torque...id still never be caught dead sitting in one.

Exactly. After all it's still a "Honda Civic".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
Not sure why this is important. I used to be on the BMW forum and folks went on and on about "rice rockets", and before that the Honda page where they constantly spoke of ways to out run German rides. I am loving my Yellow E.B. and how I feel when I drive it. I've had a few 428's and Audi 2.0T's pace me, but I don't engage. I simply see no need to. Just my 2 cents.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Not sure why this is important. I used to be on the BMW forum and folks went on and on about "rice rockets", and before that the Honda page where they constantly spoke of ways to out run German rides. I am loving my Yellow E.B. and how I feel when I drive it. I've had a few 428's and Audi 2.0T's pace me, but I don't engage. I simply see no need to. Just my 2 cents.
Agree. Who cares? Just have fun with the car and don't worry what other people think.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
The new genesis coupe is supposedly going to have a tt v6 they are working on and the head guy of bmw M devision just went to work for Hyundai doing their high performance stuff. I will probably trade my EB for the new Nissan Z depending on what happens with it or the new gen coupe if it has the 420+ hp tt v6 if it comes out.

There are always going to be new performance cars coming just depends on what you fancy. I like the EBM but there is quite a few things I don't like about it too.

lltrigg3rzonell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
I would die in my stang before I get put into the same category as those civic ricers.

And the BRZ STI would be a serious contender but they are not building it.

I'm very happy with my purchase and would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I would die in my stang before I get put into the same category as those civic ricers.

And the BRZ STI would be a serious contender but they are not building it.

I'm very happy with my purchase and would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

this a thousand times.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I'm sure there will be plenty of ebay and autozone aftermarket support for these :D

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost Premium
Has anyone seen the new civic type R? If anyone thinks that car is better looking than the s550 better see your eye doctor asap.
I agree with this, and everyone else that thinks the looks are quite lacking, and the fact that I could never stand to be in that "boy-racer" group. Was simply wondering what anyone else thought about a stock civic, of all cars, being quite quicker than our EB's. Looks? No comparison. Interior styling? No comparison I'm sure. And also, price. I'm sure they're going to be asking more than the 28kish most people are getting their EB's for.

As for the FRS STI, I also doubt it will see the day of production, but if so, it would seriously be a contender. Doesn't look to bad, and definitely would be no slouch if it kept the weight distribution it currently has while achieving a jump in power to 350+.

All in all, I'm still beyond pleased with my purchase every time I even lay eyes on my car haha, just my 2cents though :thumbsup:

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm sure there will be plenty of ebay and autozone aftermarket support for these :D

national crisis after autozone sells out of carbon fiber patterned tape days after release of the new civic.

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost Premium
national crisis after autozone sells out of carbon fiber patterned tape days after release of the new civic.
+1 :lol:

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
I was hoping it was gonna be that article.

Speed isn't everything. What car on that list would you pick the Civic over? None. It's like the video of that Evo 8 destroying a 1000+ HP Lamborghini. Who cares. Who in their right mind would choose such a POS that surely is on the verge of blowing up ... just to beat a supercar. The Lamborghini still has both seats, A/C, heat, radio, all the creature comforts; the Evo didn't even have carpet. Ricers eat that crap up, though.

You can polish a turd as much as you want but it's still a piece of shit. I'd choose a Lamborghini LP 560-4 that can only do 85mph over a Civic that can do 240mph. I am sure there are a lot of Civics out there that could beat my GT...but at least my car wasn't designed for a single mother with two kids...
Sponsored