Sponsored

Are these the first GT350's at a Dealer? NOPE

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
edit: NOT A DEALER, thanks to Mattlqx for clearing that up.

Looks like some have arrived but im not sure who the person uploading them is, there are 3 videos up and mostly look like a dealership

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]b83Ic6Lho9I[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Last edited:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I hope my new car gets cold reved to 6,000 RPMs when my dealer gets it.

OP
OP
blondie

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
Well im not sure where this is, so who knows.

Is this a production car?

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
Looks like a tooling trial car maybe. I think it says TT00J or something to that effect on the badge.

Grim beat me to it.

Sponsored

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Yeah, I cringe when I see these because I'm sure it is going to happen to a lot of them. :(

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Looks like a Ford Racing event/display as there are 2-3 350s and cones set up with other Mustangs.

Not poruction models.

You people realize a lot of the high end supercars out there are not only dyno tested right off the factory line, but put on a full speed road course before going to the customer right? Revving won't hurt anything; it's a lot less strain then the dyno and road testing high end cars go through. Break-in is an old myth for older engines.

Last edited:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I'm not saying it was warmed up enough, but the oil temp reads 175 and they were probably recently driven to wherever they were. But yeah, point taken after the 3rd rev, you don't have to keep doing it just cuz.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Looks like some have arrived but im not sure who the person uploading them is, there are 3 videos up and mostly look like a dealership
Obviously not a dealership. Just some guy that went to some promo gathering in Michigan and took some video.

Sponsored
OP
OP
blondie

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
Obviously not a dealership. Just some guy that went to some promo gathering in Michigan and took some video.
Thanks, sorry for the false alarm, mods feel free to edit the thread or take it down if too misleading.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I got excited at first... thought it was a sign that shipping of the 15's from FRAP has begun. But. Ugh. Nope. Still waiting....

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
You people realize a lot of the high end supercars out there are not only dyno tested right off the factory line, but put on a full speed road course before going to the customer right? Revving won't hurt anything; it's a lot less strain then the dyno and road testing high end cars go through. Break-in is an old myth for older engines.

Same people that believe her when she says she's a virgin. [emoji16]

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Best way to spin a bearing is to rev the piss out of a cold engine.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Best way to spin a bearing is to rev the piss out of a cold engine.
Which is covered under warranty. Again, they dyno and road test every supercar off the line and no harm, pushing it a LOT harder then a few stationary revs and nothing bad happens. I highly doubt they allow each car to come to temp, in fact I've seen documentaries on it and they don't. How many spun Lamborghini or Bugatti bearings do you hear about?

Yes don't rev the sh*t out of it when the car has been sitting and it's -20 out. Common sense. I also HIGHLY doubt any of these will be sitting outdoors frankly to begin with.

It's mainly paranoia from old school folks who think cars still need break-in, combined with heart attack worrying what could possible maybe potentially 1 in 100,000 chance happen.
Sponsored