spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I starting to think I may want to simply go with a base model and I'm curious as to if any of you with the base model feel like you're missing anything not having the magnetic suspension?
Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I think the MagneRide is almost as interesting as the Flat Plane Crank. I wouldn't consider one without it personally.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I starting to think I may want to simply go with a base model and I'm curious as to if any of you with the base model feel like you're missing anything not having the magnetic suspension?
It also depends on what your intention is... Is budget a factor? Or will you modify it for extensive track use? Or if you plan to keep it stock then my vote is to go for either tech or track package so you get the Magride and all its advantages and added versatility. Even long term replacement cost will still be outweighed by its benefits.

OP
OP
spectremotorsports

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
It also depends on what your intention is... Is budget a factor? Or will you modify it for extensive track use? Or if you plan to keep it stock then my vote is to go for either tech or track package so you get the Magride and all its advantages and added versatility. Even long term replacement cost will still be outweighed by its benefits.
For me budget is mainly a factor, I'm trying to stay within a certain price range. I was originally considering stretching my budget and getting the tech package for sync 3 but I don't want to lose the recaro seats and decided it wasn't worth it. I'll be DD'ing the car and will most likely modify the suspension with aftermarket parts at some point. If I did decide to get the track/tech package I'd probably have to wait an additional year to purchase the car instead of buying in the Spring as planned.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I stuck with base since I thought magnaride options were way overpriced. Chevy charges under $2k for their mag suspension option on the Camaro. Ford should have made it a standalone option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Nothing wrong with zero options... I have as much respect for buyers who opt for a standard GT350 as those who get a fully loaded R or non-R. I agree these pkgs are priced a bit on the high side... in fact when prices were leaked I was a little shocked. I thought 5K max for each pkg would have been a better proposition but that's my opinion. Go with what you can comfortably and wisely afford. :thumbsup:

Anyway none of that can be controlled by the consumer especially with such a desirable car. Like I said in another thread, any GT350 is a win. A big WIN.... dat sound alone is winner winner chicken dinner! :D

svtgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
my base is perfect all i need which includes great tech features for the road
I dont even miss the sirius with the blue tooth aduio feature off me cell phone LOL

M3_2_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I also went with the base model, couldn't justify $8,000 for track pack (Canada),
I was worried initially that the suspension would be too soft for my liking, but I was pleasantly surprised, the base suspension is stiffer than my non-EDC e92 m3 suspension.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I stuck with base since I thought magnaride options were way overpriced. Chevy charges under $2k for their mag suspension option on the Camaro. Ford should have made it a standalone option.

It's far more than just Mag on these packages though. You're looking at MagneRide + Differential/Trans/Oil coolers + Alcantara Recaro seats as well as the larger spoiler in the back. 6,500 is right on point for that.

You could get coilovers which will do great for about 2-3k, but you'll be missing half of the other track essentials.

Sponsored

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
the engine oil cooler is standard on all cars...including base and tech (already confirmed)

and the seat on the track pack is the same as base

It's far more than just Mag on these packages though. You're looking at MagneRide + Differential/Trans/Oil coolers + Alcantara Recaro seats as well as the larger spoiler in the back. 6,500 is right on point for that.

You could get coilovers which will do great for about 2-3k, but you'll be missing half of the other track essentials.

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
I'm planning for the base model, as I also want the car in the next year and don't want to stretch the budget. I've heard such good things about the Recaro seats, that I wouldn't want the leather ones (even though heated seats are nice), so that would put me at the track package if anything. I don't plan on tracking the car, and it will also be my daily driver.

I have heard good things about MagneRide, but not enough to justify a $6,500 price increase, plus the insane cost of replacing them down the line... I've had to replace my current Mustang's shocks before 50k miles, so I don't think I'd want to be spending $1,000's on MagneRide replacement while still paying off the car, if they do break down.

Just my opinion.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Same recaros come in the base. Magnaride + coolers + spoiler for track $6500

Magnaride + sync 3 for tech $7500 (no additional coolers on the tech just the same engine cooler included on the base)

Price points are not on point.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I had to have Magneride, but I have no idea how my car drives compared to a base. I'd love to meet someone with a base GT350 and exchange cars for a brief test drive. I promise to post my thoughts. :)

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Good points on either sides... different perspectives but still fair enough depending on interpretation. Same goes for other brands, foreign and domestic. Some options are overpriced... some are spot on.

I think that for both Tech and Track Pkgs, Ford has put a premium on a common denominator component- the MagneRide, IMO. Because of many reasons and one which I think of is their ROI for their R&D on this specific platform, suspension, powertrain, etc.

At the end of the day fellas, we have no choice... just gotta suck it up with Ford's pricing strategy.
Sponsored