Sponsored

Anyone vinyl wrapped anything under the hood?

kroy11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Manual GT
Been wanting to do my plenum cover for awhile now and was curious to know anyone's thoughts on it as far as how it might hold up as far as engine heat under the hood.

I got a quote to wrap my cover similar to this for around 80 bucks in carbon fiber wrap and I want to do it just don't want it to melt or anything under the hood. Lol

Lmk your thoughts and share your custom wrapping pics also! More than likely will be doing black roof, spoiler, and lower portion of my base bumper as well.

Thanks!
20160625_084147.jpg
Sponsored

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
I think the 3M vinyl can resist upwards of 150 degrees. I would buy one of the small samples from Amazon and stick it to something in the engine bay to see how it holds up to heat. Particularly over the course of a couple weeks. Unless someone on here can confirm that it's safe to do.

OP
OP
kroy11

kroy11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Manual GT
I think the 3M vinyl can resist upwards of 150 degrees. I would buy one of the small samples from Amazon and stick it to something in the engine bay to see how it holds up to heat. Particularly over the course of a couple weeks. Unless someone on here can confirm that it's safe to do.
Thanks I believe I'm going to try it out, hopefully will be done sometime next week and I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Sponsored