Sponsored

Anyone killed the Flappers yet?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I know it only takes 10 seconds to do but I'm getting tired of opening the flaps every time I get in my car :frusty: Anyone taken the plunge and unplug them yet or find the fuse that controls them? I'm going to hook up my forscan and start messing around but I know it's a no go on that end... I'm about to just take it to my exhaust guy again and cut them out :lol: I'll be getting the Borla Atak though so I'll be back to square 1 after that!
Sponsored

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
While I am in Sport Mode 99% of the time, there is that 1% of the time I'm glad I have a switch to quiet the exhaust down. Like the other day when I was ripping it through town then a cop pulls up on my ass and I switch it to quiet mode... Nothing to see here officer move along... :)

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
While I am in Sport Mode 99% of the time, there is that 1% of the time I'm glad I have a switch to quiet the exhaust down. Like the other day when I was ripping it through town then a cop pulls up on my ass and I switch it to quiet mode... Nothing to see here officer move along... :)
I think there would be that option still if you changed it in the computer. I'd still like mine closed in 6th. It's pretty nice cruising on the highway.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I often find myself using the Bluetooth because of how the car likes to wander from tramlining. I am glad to have the switch.

Sponsored

KS10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R
Missing the connection between bluetooth and tramlining...
Same for me. I don't like to have the phone in my hand because of tramlining, but unless you have the exhaust in quiet mode you can not have a decent conversation on Bluetooth. Neither party can hear each other well. As soon as my phone rings the fist thing I do is switch the exhaust to quest mode.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Same for me. I don't like to have the phone in my hand because of tramlining, but unless you have the exhaust in quiet mode you can not have a decent conversation on Bluetooth. Neither party can hear each other well. As soon as my phone rings the fist thing I do is switch the exhaust to quest mode.
Oh, I get it now. Sorry I'm so slow...

I live in the land of bluetooth or die (from fines and loss of license...)

Ironically, I've had no problem with using bluetooth in sport mode...probably just jinxed myself...

KS10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R
Oh, I get it now. Sorry I'm so slow...

I live in the land of bluetooth or die (from fines and loss of license...)

Ironically, I've had no problem with using bluetooth in sport mode...probably just jinxed myself...
Could possibly equate to me not having resonators. This thing is loud in sport mode, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Try having a conversation on Bluetooth in an R... first thing I hear when I answer in sport mode, "you must be driving your baby..."

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Bluetooth or not - why are you having a conversation with anybody who isn't sitting right seat in your R? Why would you even want to? Why can't it wait?

That said, the idea of being able to have a 'quiet mode' is still a good one. There are times when 'loud' is simply wrong or at least the cause of more trouble than it's worth risking.

Norm

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Bluetooth or not - why are you having a conversation with anybody who isn't sitting right seat in your R? Why would you even want to? Why can't it wait?

That said, the idea of being able to have a 'quiet mode' is still a good one. There are times when 'loud' is simply wrong or at least the cause of more trouble than it's worth risking.

Norm
I wish I was so responsible...

No I don't...

Brawndo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I prefer to keep it as is. I just renamed them:

Closed = Cops/Neighborhood cold start mode
Open = Normal mode

Also when pulling to a friend's house or something, there are always situations where I don't want to be that "loud douchebag".

My 2 cents.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I wish I was so responsible...
It's really easy once you think of your time behind the wheel as "me time". There is value in giving yourself a little "time off the grid" beyond the elimination of whatever somebody else wants as a distraction while driving.

Shouldn't be hard to do in a GT350 to just enjoy the drive . . .

Norm

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I thought I would miss quiet mode a little bit, but now I don't. :headbang:. I almost didn't pull the trigger on the full American Racing system because there's no more quiet mode. I kind of almost forgot these cars have that feature.

But yeah, when I did have stock exhaust, it was pretty annoying. That, and not being able to hear myself on the interstate in 6th gear.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)

Norm
I am on the phone everyday in my R. I commute to work in it. Headphones go in my ear. I get in the car. Dial someone. Start it up and talk on my way to the office.

Isn't this normal? Not sure a more enjoyable way to work exists.
Sponsored