Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Hi Gang. I was heading to Las Vegas last week and thought I might try to get some Ford Racing Racing Springs, the Shelby American GT350 Front Cooling Scoop and some Shelby American Caster Camber Plates installed. So I sent an email asking if this was something that they might consider doing or if this was just too small a job for them to bother with.... A couple of days later, I have no response. So, I called. I was transfered to someone in the shop who wasn't available, so I got voice mail. I left a message, letting them know what I was interested in and asking for a call to clue me in as to the possibility. Again, NO RESPONSE.

I totally get that it's a really small job and perhaps below their interest. But, if you've been there, and I have, you know there are may dozens of lifts and an army of mechanics working. So, I thought it was worth a try.

I was taken aback at the total lack of customer service from the staff. In fairness, I've been there several times, buying Shelby swag and checking out their amazing collection of Historic Shelby Vechicles. Each time, EVERYONE couldn't not be nicer. They were really wonderful and helpful. This is why I was disappointed by the lack of a courtesy call or email.

Has anyone had work done there and what was your experience like? I would appreciate any insight. OK, that's my, "Not quite a rant."
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Shelby American is mostly about building their own version of the S550 for sale and marketing parts. Not so much for service and drive in work. Plus they have nothing to do with the current Ford GT350. That is most likely why they are not responding.

OP
OP
eric n

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Hi Dave. I agree completely that that's a really good reason for them to say, "No." But, it's still not a reason for them to not give me the courtesy of a response. A little respect for customers is a nice thing and costs you very little.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I am sure that you realize that SA and FMC are direct competitors therefore for you to take a new Shelby GT350 into their SA shop in Vegas for work does not make much sense at least from my standpoint therefore the none response.:tsk:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I am sure that you realize that SA and FMC are direct competitors therefore for you to take a new Shelby GT350 into their SA shop in Vegas for work does not make much sense at least from my standpoint therefore the none response.:tsk:
I wouldn't say they're direct competitors. SA can't live without FOMOCO. I would say SA and Roush would be direct competitors. Or I would even dare say Steeda or Livernois. SA isn't an OEM like Ford is.

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I would trust Roush to work on my GT350 before SA. Just saying.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I wouldn't say they're direct competitors. SA can't live without FOMOCO. I would say SA and Roush would be direct competitors. Or I would even dare say Steeda or Livernois. SA isn't an OEM like Ford is.
I agree that SA cannot live without the FMC but IMO both are after much the same market which is us crazy Mustang enthusiasts therefore in my eyes they are in fact direct competitors.

If Gary Patterson could sell one of his tuner Mustangs to one of us and take a sale away from Ford such as a new GT350 he would not blink an eye.

Obviously the relationship between Ford and SA has to be a strange one for sure. :headbonk::headbonk:

With all due disrespect to any SA owners I personally would not go near a SA tuner car but that is just me. Way too much money for what you get in return and I suggest that unless something drastic happens in the next couple of years it will be just a matter of time before SA closes their doors.

:ford:

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I agree that SA cannot live without the FMC but IMO both are after much the same market which is us crazy Mustang enthusiasts therefore in my eyes they are in fact direct competitors.

If Gary Patterson could sell one of his tuner Mustangs to one of us and take a sale away from Ford such as a new GT350 he would not blink an eye.

Obviously the relationship between Ford and SA has to be a strange one for sure. :headbonk::headbonk:

With all due disrespect to any SA owners I personally would not go near a SA tuner car but that is just me. Way too much money for what you get in return and I suggest that unless something drastic happens in the next couple of years it will be just a matter of time before SA closes their doors.

:ford:
Like the release of a GT500?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ah, no. You have to understanding Shelby doesn't sell ANY cars. They sell packages which you must buy the car FROM FoMoCo and have it sent or dropped off at Shelby to have its transformation done. When SA shows off new products, they bought those base cars from Ford. One is OEM, one is aftermarket. Once a car leaves Ford, they couldn't care less what happens to it. You could maybe argue that Ford Performance aftermarket parts are competitors but that's so sedentary compared to Ford's primary goal, it's laughable.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Considering the prices of their tuner cars they would probably charge you $3000 for installing the springs. Plus the price of the springs of course.