Sponsored

Anyone have experence with the GT350 and C7ZO6?

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ford bought back my GT350. I have an R on order which will be about $3000 less than a C7ZO6 with ZO7 pakage and a 7 speed manual. The extra power is inticing but I am worried the car will not be as satisfying as the GT350R.

Anyone here have experence with both?

Thanks! Sammy
Sponsored

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Ford bought back my GT350. I have an R on order which will be about $3000 less than a C7ZO6 with ZO7 pakage and a 7 speed manual. The extra power is inticing but I am worried the car will not be as satisfying as the GT350R.

Thanks! Sammy
My dad has a 2017 Z06 and it's a hell of a car! The power is almost brutal! It's comparing 2 different kinds of cars really. The GT350 R is a road race machine where as (to me) the Z06 is more straight line performer with good handling. In a perfect world, you'd have both and I was looking at Grand Sports while constantly failing in finding what I was looking for. I'm a Mustang guy...my Dad and 2 brothers are Vette guys. Either way, you are looking are the pinnacle of each car...you can't really go wrong!

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track

Thanks! Sammy
wow, $3k difference for a zo6 with the z07 package would make me think twice, at that price point you have to get some seat time in both cars and then go with your gut. On the other hand I think its insane how people react to my track pack, its surpassed my expectations by far

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
My dad has a 2017 Z06 and it's a hell of a car! The power is almost brutal! It's comparing 2 different kinds of cars really. The GT350 R is a road race machine where as (to me) the Z06 is more straight line performer with good handling. In a perfect world, you'd have both and I was looking at Grand Sports while constantly failing in finding what I was looking for. I'm a Mustang guy...my Dad and 2 brothers are Vette guys. Either way, you are looking are the pinnacle of each car...you can't really go wrong!
The C7 Z06 is an incredibly capable track car. Just as capable as the GT350R and gobs more power.

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
My friend has a Z06 and have driven it a number of times. Gobs of power is right. We've both tracked our cars and there's no doubt the Z06 is a faster car (not a surprise). That being said the R attracts way more attention than his car. I also think the R sounds better and my corvette friend agrees. I also put a rear seat in mine so my kids can ride with me around town. Another reason I didn't go 2 seater.

Sponsored

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Had a C7 Z06 owner come up to me the other day at the gas station. First words out of his mouth were, "Man I wish my car sounded like that!"

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
"You have the best sounding car here" - random at CnC

C7 Grandsport is on my list, but a GT350 is a GT350, you'll never replace that you can only add to it.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
The C7 Z06 is an incredibly capable track car. Just as capable as the GT350R and gobs more power.
Far, far more capable than the R would be more accurate. It's significantly lighter, lower, wider, and has more tire and a better weight distribution.

OP if outright performance is your goal the Z will be a better choice, or if you want a true "sports car" that was designed from the ground up as a performance car rather than a modified version of a "rental car" per se.

However I firmly believe that the Z would be "too much" to have fun on the street with. Couple that with the sounds and attitude and driving satisfaction of the R, and that is what did it for me. Honestly a Grand Sport or Z51 would be a better street/canyon carving car or a more fun car IMO than the Z due to its more usable lower power levels.

But, Dat Voodoo doh :D

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Do you have a nice gold chain and pinky ring? If not, go with the Mustang, if yes, then go with the Vette. I like Vettes, but the new body style is the first one that I have REALLY liked in a long time.

Dave

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I had a C7 Z06 with Z07 package for 3 months and i HATED it, car can not put traction down for squat and the car rattles and makes noises that you will be disappointed you spent so much money. The Shelby is a far more usable car in every way hence the reason i got one. they ride horrible, especially in NY, my wife despised the car in ever regard going in it. The Gransport is the best C7 hands down to get i think.

Sponsored

blusdacolor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition Orange 6 speed GT
I'll tell you right now, the Z06 will eat the 350R in any application. Corners, track, speed etc. Both cars are neck snappers and you couldn't go wrong buying either.

The Z beat the 350R by nearly 34 seconds around the Nring. Thats an A$$ whoopin. You're not gonna buy either for practically and if you can also afford the Z07 package that would be a no brainer.

Depending on how HP crazy you are a tuned Z would gobble up 99% of everything on the road.

Test the R- then test the Z.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I'll tell you right now, the Z06 will eat the 350R in any application. Corners, track, speed etc. Both cars are neck snappers and you couldn't go wrong buying either.

The Z beat the 350R by nearly 34 seconds around the Nring. Thats an A$$ whoopin. You're not gonna buy either for practically and if you can also afford the Z07 package that would be a no brainer.

Depending on how HP crazy you are a tuned Z would gobble up 99% of everything on the road.

Correct me if I'm wrong but GM never posted a time for the C7Z.

I had a C5Z and a C6Z that I loved. The C7 doesn't do it for me. My vote would be Gen V Viper.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I had a C7 Z06 with Z07 package for 3 months and i HATED it, car can not put traction down for squat and the car rattles and makes noises that you will be disappointed you spent so much money. The Shelby is a far more usable car in every way hence the reason i got one. they ride horrible, especially in NY, my wife despised the car in ever regard going in it. The Gransport is the best C7 hands down to get i think.
I imagine the Z and R must have similar suspension tuning/dampening, as my father's Z51 is noticeably softer and rides better than my R on normal roads, as I've also heard that the non-R 350 rides better as well.

All depends on your perspective as well I guess, but I have no rattles or noises in my R nor are there any in the Z51, though the Z51 has much higher quality materials in the interior.

I obviously agree that the Z would easily outdo the R in any application, but there were no official Ring times for either the Z or the R, only rumors. However, there have been times posted by Motortrend at Laguna Seca where the Z was I believe 5.X or 6.X seconds faster, which is incredible over such a short track.

All black Z with yellow carbon ceramic brakes and black interior with yellow stitching/suede inserts would be pretty exotic looking though :D

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I used to own several Vettes, including a C6 Z06, and the new Vettes just do nothing for me. I have also owned older Mustangs. I could have purchased the new Z06 instead of the GT350, but I just find that the GT350 has more character and appeal to me personally. Driving one absolutely sealed the deal on the GT350.

The C7 Z06 is an amazing car, no doubt, it's all about personal tastes I suppose. I just don't care for the look of the rear of the new Vettes and when I look at them overall I think the cars are just gaudy.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Correct me if I'm wrong but GM never posted a time for the C7Z.

I had a C5Z and a C6Z that I loved. The C7 doesn't do it for me. My vote would be Gen V Viper.
+1 on Ring time. GM never posted a time because speculation is that it overheated hitting limp mode or too much drag and didn't beat the ZR1 time.

If you are deaf and can't hear, then go with the Viper. If you love the sound of the Voodoo, you will be sorely disappointed in the sound of the ohv V10.

Something not discussed, the R will retain its resale 1000% better than any current Vette. That alone would pull me towards the R.
Sponsored