Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
Was wondering what the approximate ballpark cost is for something like Xpel or 3M clear bra? Haven't ever checked into it for a car before, but am starting to think about it.
Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Was wondering what the approximate ballpark cost is for something like Xpel or 3M clear bra? Haven't ever checked into it for a car before, but am starting to think about it.

Sub'd. Looking for info too. Already have a small stone chip on my front bumper.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I paid $680 for a SunTek wrap. They wrapped the whole front bumper, all lights, 18" of the hood, 18" of fenders, sideview mirrors, inside of door handles and bottom 2 inches of trunk door. The installer had Xpel, 3M and Suntek. He showed me that the Suntek material was clearer than the 3M and Xpel. There were visible imperfections with the Xpel. 3M makes great tint but they're still far behind compared to Xpel and SunTek. Hope this info helps.

Sponsored

NvDiS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I paid $680 for a SunTek wrap. They wrapped the whole front bumper, all lights, 18" of the hood, 18" of fenders, sideview mirrors, inside of door handles and bottom 2 inches of trunk door. The installer had Xpel, 3M and Suntek. He showed me that the Suntek material was clearer than the 3M and Xpel. There were visible imperfections with the Xpel. 3M makes great tint but they're still far behind compared to Xpel and SunTek. Hope this info helps.
680 installed? Thats probably the best price ive ever read. Hmm

Question do bugs easily clean off the clear bra?

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine was $750 installed. I have Xpel on the whole front end and the side view mirrors. I didn't do the hood. Bugs and other dirt wash off very easily.

BOSS5L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible TY 401A 20"
I paid USD$280 for the film and installed myself. It takes Zen-like patience but it can be done. The bugs wash off really easily. I just wax the film when I was the car and that seems to make it even easier to remove the bugs.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I have the Xpel installed on the front end, including 30" back on the hood and fenders, the mirrors and headlights. If I remember right, it was $1,800.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
My question...Is it really worth it when it's all said and done?

Seems like a lot to me but hey what do I know?

Sponsored

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
My question...Is it really worth it when it's all said and done?

Seems like a lot to me but hey what do I know?
Bugs come off no problem. You can apply a sealant and wax to the wrap. The installer scratched it on purpose with a brush and it looked new after he applied water.

A hub cap (wire side of it) recently hit my car on the freeway and punctured a hole in the wrap. The damage would have been really really bad if it wasn't for the SunTek wrap. The hub cap actually hit hard enough to damage the plastic piece below the bumper. It scratched it pretty bad. The installer charged me $50 to replace the portion of the wrap that was punctured.

For those in SoCal, contact: Norbert at Crystal Autoshield 877-707-4435
www.crystalautoshield.com

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Under $1,000 probably a reasonable price for the protection. Over $1,000 (and especially over $1,500 approaching $2,000), you get into territory where fixing the chip (yourself or professionally even) may be cheaper in the long run after day 5 years (the normal life of a clear bra)

dfrost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp Guard.
I installed Suntek myself also. I've done a few, as said above, takes time and patience for the front bumper. $200 was my cost.
So far as worth it. $200, well worth it! Nothing sticks to it, don't have to worry about rocks, bugs etc... If I had to pay $1000-1500...I don't know. It does keep the covered areas 100%.

MrPlutonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Suntek $550 installed front bumper, front of hood, mirrors, door cups, lights.
Sponsored