Anyone else have this problem with diode dynamics led side marker

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Just been a few days since my last post and now the driver side has failed.
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Just been a few days since my last post and now the driver side has failed.
Please be sure to get in touch so we can arrange for a replacement.

Made in China?
No. In certain cases, we are seeing humidity intrusion leeching into the housing at a much higher rate than expected, which is then causing failures at a much higher rate than should occur. It's extremely frustrating for us as well as our customers experiencing the issue, as we put a huge amount of time and effort into designing these to last a lifetime. We will continue to provide warranty service to anyone experiencing a problem, and are confident that we have made the changes necessary to prevent all issues in the future. Thank you.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I sent an email to you guys and got a reply Monday this week. Justin replied stating 1~2 weeks for the replacements to ship
That is the maximum time, as we are producing and very carefully inspecting each unit right now before shipment to ensure no further problems. Thanks for your patience!

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
No. In certain cases, we are seeing humidity intrusion leeching into the housing at a much higher rate than expected, which is then causing failures at a much higher rate than should occur. It's extremely frustrating for us as well as our customers experiencing the issue, as we put a huge amount of time and effort into designing these to last a lifetime. We will continue to provide warranty service to anyone experiencing a problem, and are confident that we have made the changes necessary to prevent all issues in the future. Thank you.
I have a quick question for you Nick if you don't mind.

For some of us who don't drive our cars very much, will you folks be honoring warranty in case there is an issue? I also don't drive the car in the rain...doubt I ever will. With that said, my markers are still 100% functional as of today's date. But then again, that does not necessarily mean that I just got lucky receiving perfectly assembled / working markers.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150

For some of us who don't drive our cars very much, will you folks be honoring warranty in case there is an issue? I also don't drive the car in the rain...doubt I ever will. With that said, my markers are still 100% functional as of today's date. But then again, that does not necessarily mean that I just got lucky receiving perfectly assembled / working markers.
I'm in the same boat...No Rain or Snow for mine as well.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Yeah I am wondering if I should just ask to be upgraded to the newer revision again before risking being out of warranty. That would be alleviated if Diode Dynamics provides an extended warranty for those of us with the earlier revisions... Hint hint.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost

Yes- we will never deny a warranty claim. We will continue to support this product and provide warranty service well beyond the original 3 year warranty as well. Don't worry- we aren't going anywhere, and we always stand behind our products. Thanks!

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
@Diode Dynamics,

I recently received my replacement markers. I also saw a return USPS sticker, but no instructions. In the email I received, I was not told that I would need to send the old set back. It's not an issue if you do, but I wasn't sure. Do you want the old set back?

Thanks,
Naji

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
@Diode Dynamics,

I recently received my replacement markers. I also saw a return USPS sticker, but no instructions. In the email I received, I was not told that I would need to send the old set back. It's not an issue if you do, but I wasn't sure. Do you want the old set back?

Thanks,
Naji
I had to send back my defective one-->:shrug:

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Yes- we will never deny a warranty claim. We will continue to support this product and provide warranty service well beyond the original 3 year warranty as well. Don't worry- we aren't going anywhere, and we always stand behind our products. Thanks!
EXCELLENT!

I feel better not to mention confident you guys will step up. I appreciate it. Now let's hope and fingers crossed I never bug you guys about mine. :D

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
@Diode Dynamics,

Thanks,
Naji

In the email I received they stated the postage would be included and asked that I send mine back which is fine. They are embarrassing being on the car anyway

Cheezebandit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just got my replacements in the mail I was also wondering if I needed to send the old ones back?
I wont get to install mine until I get the car back from the body shop.

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Thanks Nick, one of our 3 cars is in the same situation, it's a weekend car. I am now feeling confident to continue placing orders with you guys and glad I bought conversion kits and side markers from you.
Cheers
Sponsored