Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Just installed my watson roll cage two days ago and now I've had my harness just sitting here. I've been looking around online for quite some time and even though schroth has an installation guide, I'm also trying to get some pictures for clarification on a few things. I have the Profi II ASM FE 4-point harness and Watson's 4 point roll cage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I've got the same setup BUT I haven't installed my belts yet either. Schroth has some YouTube videos going into detail on how to wrap the shoulder belts. What specific question do you have? Maybe I can help.
I think I can get around to the shoulder part, but I have no idea what to do about the lap straps. I'm not sure if I have to drill into the floor and bolt from underneath, or just unbolt something from the seats down there or what. Maybe I should go watch their shoulder strap part too during the meantime. Really not wanting to screw this up, lol.

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Cool tech (the other roll bar) has some hardware for this that attached to seat mount bolts.

Any photos of the stall. Can you tell us how it went? Any issues?

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Cool tech (the other roll bar) has some hardware for this that attached to seat mount bolts.

Any photos of the stall. Can you tell us how it went? Any issues?
I haven't installed the harness just yet -- it's just sitting in the box until I get enough information on the lap belts. The watson roll cage wasn't all that bad with the exception of the 8 bolts that go into the arms that stretch to the back. They go through and under the car to attach to some provided plates, and it's extremely close to the brake line. It's probably even touching.

Sponsored

PositiveGMotorworks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I think I can get around to the shoulder part, but I have no idea what to do about the lap straps. I'm not sure if I have to drill into the floor and bolt from underneath, or just unbolt something from the seats down there or what. Maybe I should go watch their shoulder strap part too during the meantime. Really not wanting to screw this up, lol.
Do you have something like this to bolt to the rear seat mounts?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/..._zBLSAS-ijFolC4cG-3aQHVScErce6kMcQaAkqU8P8HAQ

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
Same setup here. The outside lap belt mounts by removing the front bolt of the seatbelt tensionner, loosening the rear bolt and sliding a B23 bracket between frame and tensionner aligned with front hole of tensionner and putting back the front bolt. On the inside you need to remove the seat and put a B23 bracket between OEM belt and seat by unscrewing inside OEM belt.

you need
https://www.schrothracing.com/products/hardware-bolt-in-brackets#2457
B23A kit to do this. Other option is drill hole in floor and use an eyebolt to snap the belt on... I did not want to go that route.

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Take and post photos of install. Thanks

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I think the harnesse came with some brackets and stuff. Going to the garage in just a sec to check.

Sponsored
OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
All done

34499814956_5d49de13a4_k.jpg

I used a little bit of this thread here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1847599#post1847599 for guidance

The only difference between what I did and what that guy did was I did NOT remove the side plastic -- there's no need. Not sure why everyone has to make the instructions for this extremely complicated.

Long story short, one side of the lap belt hooks up to the seat belt buckle (the thing that the seat belt hooks up to) and the other side hooks up to the base of the shoulder seat belt. I simply belt the plastic back near the carpet to access it. Just unbolted, slid in the lap belt connector, bolted back up.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
All done

34499814956_5d49de13a4_k.jpg

I used a little bit of this thread here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1847599#post1847599 for guidance

The only difference between what I did and what that guy did was I did NOT remove the side plastic -- there's no need. Not sure why everyone has to make the instructions for this extremely complicated.

Long story short, one side of the lap belt hooks up to the seat belt buckle (the thing that the seat belt hooks up to) and the other side hooks up to the base of the shoulder seat belt. I simply belt the plastic back near the carpet to access it. Just unbolted, slid in the lap belt connector, bolted back up.

I was a bit confused because I did not see which specific Schroth model and end options you were installing. They are all a bit different. The thread you linked is a QuickFit while it appears you installed the ProFi 4pt ASM with the DOT lap belt and connector. I just installed a ProFi 4pt ASM in mine and I have the clip in lap belts. Much different then you are describing. Can you post more pics.

EDIT: Sorry just re read your first post where you went with the FE option. But yours sounds like a hybrid with a bolt in lap and a DOT seat belt lap (like the QuickFit Pro) Sounds like you have it installed correctly.

BTW your passenger side shoulder belts are reversed. The ASM belt always has to be installed to the inboard side.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I was a bit confused because I did not see which specific Schroth model and end options you were installing. They are all a bit different. The thread you linked is a QuickFit while it appears you installed the ProFi 4pt ASM with the DOT lap belt and connector. I just installed a ProFi 4pt ASM in mine and I have the clip in lap belts. Much different then you are describing. Can you post more pics.

EDIT: Sorry just re read your first post where you went with the FE option. But yours sounds like a hybrid with a bolt in lap and a DOT seat belt lap (like the QuickFit Pro) Sounds like you have it installed correctly.

BTW your passenger side shoulder belts are reversed. The ASM belt always has to be installed to the inboard side.
Hmm reversed? I thought the lines were supposed to be facing inwards? I'll post more pics too

RustedAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 350R HR215
Hmm reversed? I thought the lines were supposed to be facing inwards? I'll post more pics too
Did you buy two left side harnesses? That label is the ASM part and it's supposed to be on the inside of the seat as I understand it. That's what he's referring to above.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Update: I spoke with HMS Motorsports who is the US Schroth dist. Three years ago they conducted a double sled test and changed where both front seats occupants had the ASM harness on the right shoulder thus both turn and twist to the left avoiding any kind of head to head impact. He has them correct. The Schroth QuickFit is explicit where the ASM harness is installed to the inside shoulder only which there enlies the confusion. I still want to see your lap belt attachment points.
Sponsored