Sponsored

Anybody ever sold to a dealer?

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So a while back I got into flipping houses and I'm needing a truck more and more these days, and I'm considering selling the mustang. I really love the car and don't want to sell it but I could get so much more use out of my own truck(using my dad's now.) My question is has anybody ever just taken a car to a dealer and sold it? Mine is a 2015 base PP with parking sensors with 12k miles on it. The car is flawless and I almost always sell my cars outright but with the mustang I don't want people driving it on Craigslist and trying to get 30 grand out of somebody I don't even know. That being said I checked NADA/KBB and even blackbook. The car shows 29-30k clean trade in. So is that the price I should expect? I wouldn't be too comfortable taking much less than that and cars are high in my area KC Missouri. Side note: I won't be buying a truck from a dealer. I'm looking for a diesel from a private party and refuse to pay dealer prices on trucks.
Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I know people that have sold several cars to Carmax and have been very happy with the deal.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
I sold my Genesis Coupe to Carmax and got about $500 more than I expected going in. The process was quick and painless, and not having to deal with the risks of selling privately was well worth the hour of my time. Just know what the value is going into the deal (it sounds like you've already researched), decide your bottom dollar and don't settle for anything less.

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
Another one for Carmax.... regular dealers are to much of a ripp off

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I did the kbb value and purchase offer on my gt to see if a local dealer would honor the the purchase quote of $28,100..I constantly get emails from only one thats only interested in me trading in.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've never gotten anything but crap offers from CarMax for high-dollar used car vehicles. Maybe it's a GA thing, but was an easy process - albeit purposefully slow so that you go walk the lot. They try to get you to buy a car. I told them, the examples I saw were dirty and looked like they were driven by a disgruntled mom with brat kids, so no thanks. :)

Scary to sell a sports car but... you want a truck, do the work. Sit with the person who does a test drive and answer each question with "it only has 12K miles".

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Try Vroom and Beepi. Both offered more than Carmax on my 2016 EB.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
I've had a wishy washy experience with CarMax. My fiancee took her 10 year old Ford Focus in with 200k miles and they offered about 4k for it.

I took in my (at the time) one year old Chevy Sonic with 6k miles and they offered me 9.5k (I ended up getting almost 12 for it).

Definitely depends.

Bill-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Ruby Red Premium
Give Carmax a try and if you don't like the offer, walk out. I sold one there, it took about 45 minutes, not the best deal in the world but no complaints on my part.
Sponsored